Spektrum AR7200bx USB Interface

Derek

I just learned that there is a USB Interface for the AR7200bx. What exactly is this used for? I heard something about being able to update the firmware from one version to another.

Tony

Staff member
And that is about all it's good for. You can't really do anything else with it. Waste of money IMO. I have it, and never use it.

Derek

And that is about all it's good for. You can't really do anything else with it. Waste of money IMO. I have it, and never use it.

Well, I've read through the manual, briefly, and the setup seems easy enough. I've seen many posts and threads here on the forum about the 3GX and how some versions of firmware seem to work better than others. I didn't know if the same was true with the AR7200bx.

Tony

Staff member
I have no idea what version I'm using in my BX, but the thing just works. None of the issues that the 3GX has. I did all of the setup on the unit it's self and it was solid in the air on stock settings.

pvolcko

You can use it to update firmware and also program custom settings for some setup/parameter items. I tend to agree, not really worth it. I haven't had a need to get one up to this point. 7200BX performance seems solid so no need for firmware update and plenty of configuration options with button/stick programming.

Derek

Sounds good to me. I'll just move on. Sounds like it's just not necessary. I can live with that.

Thanks guys!!!

Top Bottom