FBL Gyro AR7200BX Tx Gyro Settings

Marcello

Hi, I was getting down to installing and setting up my AR7200BX and have hit a snag programming my radio (DX8). I've watched videos with different opinions on how to set up the Gyro settings on the Tx. One says "Inhibit", the other says to activate "Rate Mode" by inputting -32%, and yet another programmed both rate and heading modes. From what I'm understanding this setting is temporary until you finish with the BX? Anyway, pretty confused now and hope you can help.

Tony

Staff member
You definitely want it active and you DEFINITELY want it above 0. On the DX8, I would start with +45%. Those that are flying in Rate mode, or INH all together are doing it the very hard way. Use HH mode and it will lock the tail in.

Marcello

I do normally fly in HH mode but I thought some people were making changes to Gyro settings to set up tail travel in the BX, then going back to their flying settings when done (e.g., 45%). So I'll set it this way... Ch: GEAR, Sw: F Mode, Normal: 45%, Stunt 1, 2, Hold: to be determined after flying. Thanks for clearing this up.

Marcello

Just one more question, I don't want to blow anything up lol. I want to power the BX on the bench (no ESC or flight packs yet). I'll be using my RX pack, a Pulse 2S 7.4v 2250 Lipo. I made a harness from the RX pack to the BX that splits into 2 servo connectors. I plug these into AUX2 and AUX3 correct? Once the BX is mounted on the heli the final wiring is the same to power the electronics?

Tony

Staff member
Yes, you can power the BX from any port as long as it has a positive and negative connection. They are connected in parallel to all other ports. Just make sure your servos can handle the voltage of a fully charged 2s lipo. If not, you will release the magic smoke in the servos.

Top Bottom