FBL Gyro AR7200BX Throttle travel for NITRO GOVERNOR

Blasillo

Hi everyone, a pleasure to be here for the very first time.

After watching Tony video about AR7220BX setting I would like a little help from all of you, this is the thing....

Just updated my AR7200BX to get NITRO GOVERNOR function for my 700 and I realize that I´ve got a big and maybe silly doubt about setting throttle travel on transmitter:

AR7200BX Governor Firmware Update MANUAL says:

Preparing Your Transmitter:

1. Program the throttle channel travel to 100% for both high and low endpoints.

Throttle Arm Setup:

5. Throttle Travel MUST remain at 100% at TX.

but ....what does it means? that I can´t reduce travel % at full throttle to avoid servo binding with carburator arm?????? ....Travel must stay at any moment at 100%????

As I made always before, I need to set travel adjustment on throttle channel to avoid servo binding at both high and low end.

Maybe it is because I´m not english native and don´t get into the real meaning but AR7210BX and BeastX PLus Pro manuals don´t say any thing about Travel adjustment. They have a native governor function and maybe work different, don´t know

Anybody so kind that can to clear this to me up?

Thanks in advance

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the forum! What they mean by 100% is your throttle curve, not the endpoint adjustments. So go in and set your throttle curve to linear (0 25 50 75 100) then adjust the travel of each servo in the travel menu so that 0 is throttle closed (not binding) and 100 is throttle WOT (Wide Open Throttle, not binding). Hope this helps.

Blasillo

Thanks a lot Tony, it was a ....lets say ...."mistake" from the manual , ha, ha,...

Ok, I will put my NORMAL curve linear for Menu Set Up and IDLE 1 and 2 in "V" shape when flying, as usual.

Many hopes this governor is gonna work...I´ve got Aerospire Multi Gov Pro and I´m not very happy with it, can´t find a setting that keeps rpms at any moment. Maybe I should ask for help as well.

Tony

Staff member
The governor in the AR7200BX is fantastic. I used it on my Align 600 Nitro and it worked great. I'm running an Ikon now, but not because of the governor.

You will still want a flat curve for normal, but after you set it up. I usually run something along the lines of 0 40 40 40 40 and I use a governor on Normal as well. Anything below the low setting will kick the governor off so that it will idle. But once you reach that number, the governor will kick in. I will be making a video on the nitro governor, but it will be on teh Ikon at first. With enough persuasion, I will do one on the BX as well lol.

And we need some video when you get this bird in the air! It's an unwritten rule of the forum lol.

Blasillo

Ok, I will show you how it goes with my new governor!

Would be great to have a video step by step even if it´s too late for me, :dunno:,...but please, try to speak slow, thinking there are a lot of non english speakers.

by the way, in your video "AR7200BX How To Update Firmware " you speaks at beginning about USB cable length, you speak so fast that I can´t follow you , don´t know what you mean, if ther´s no matter about cable length or must be as shorter as possible. YouTube automatic subtitles don´t help.

Best regards and happy flying holydays!

Tony

Staff member
In that video, I was stating that the servo wire that you use to go from the computer to the gyro will be much longer than the one that I was using in that video. Mine broke an end and I didn't have the tools to fix it at the time.

One thing that was killing the automatic subtitles was the audio quality. I have switched over to a wireless mic and the subtitles I have found have done much better.

Blasillo

P_20170507_133301.jpg Hello again,
glad to be here again after an awful winter here in northeast Spain, big crash including at running engine in (main gear bolt went out!!! can you believe!!!) Finally the bird is flying normally, no troubles to tell, just need some adjust for tail gyro (will try with AR7200BX parameter settings ) but nothing disturbing.
The Governor seems to work OK, just more time to try settings changes and how it is going.

Some pics to show you my 700.
P_20170507_133124.jpgP_20170507_133151.jpg
Next steps:
1- A trhee blade kit from ALIGN
2- the Thunder Tiger RedLine 100H (great price and enough power) will be sbustituted with a YS 120 SRX (great power but enough money) that is waiting at drawer.

Best Regards

Top Bottom