Spektrum AR7200bx question

Rbei312

Hey all,
New to the forum, this is my first post. I just finished building my 550 dominator and was going to put one of my 7200's on it. Does anyone use the pc software with it and does the software offer any additional tuning capability?

Tony

Staff member
I always do the initial setup on the gyro it's self and see how it flies. If you can't get it locked in and feeling the way you want, then yes, you can connect it to the computer, set it up with no light (I'm pretty sure this is "user defined") and fine tune each setting. But I always start with the suggested parameters as they are set to default.

Rbei312

Understood. I have 2 of them and that's the way I've done. I think they work great. But that isn't saying much, this only my 2nd season flying. I just setup a gpro on my 450 dfc and it offers a lot of opportunity for tweaking. I was looking into updating the firmware in the bx's and I noticed in the manual that there is optional pc software available and was just wondering if it would be worthwhile to try using since I have to purchase the usb interface anyway to update. I've never really seen any posts from people using though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Rbei312, like Tony said due the initial setup first. I don't have a 550 but my Tarot 450 DFC and my Gaui X3 both have AR7200BX and I'm pleased with both birds handling and solid rock steady tail without using the computer.

Tony

Staff member
The only thing the update is going to do for you is add a nitro governor. If you have not watched my AR7200BX videos, I cover this and was quite surprised when I hit menu's that were not in the manual lmao. So if you are just running electric, stick with the 3.14 (I think)

Rbei312

Not sure what versions I even have. I don't quite understand how to read the led's for firmware version.

Tony

Staff member
If you don't know what binary is, you are about to get a crash course. Binary follows a simple rule, the number is doubled each time.

1 2 4 8 16 32 64 (and so on)

This is the way the numbers work on the face of the gyro.

so if A and B are lit (1+2=3), your first digit is 3.

Then if I, J, & K are lit, (2+4+8), then your second digit is 14.

So we are up to 3.14.

Then, if during those 3 seconds you push the setup button, it will show you the final number in the firmware.

Just checked, you should have A and B lit, then you should have H lit, meaning you are on version 3.1. If you push the button, I don't think any lights will turn on, meaning you are on 3.1.0

I hope this makes sense. Binary is fun, just takes a minute to wrap your head around it.

Rbei312

You know I just noticed that and was wondering why that is. Yes merge the two using rbei312. I checked my bx's and on 1 I got just the a and b lights and nothing when I press the button. The other I got the a and b and i thru j. Then when I press the button I get the h.

Tony

Staff member
Users merged. Sometimes new members create an account, and not knowing that I can change usernames, they create another one. No matter to me, it's a quick fix. The hardest part of merging users is running the user update (about 4300 queries) and updating thread information (Somewhere over 100K queries).

And can you get a short video of the start up? No need to push the button, I just want to see the first two digits.

rbei31201

Correction on my last post. On the 2nd bx I got a and b and i thru L all lit. Then on the button press just h. I don't know how to attach a vid.

Tony

Staff member
With A and B, that tells me you are on 3.1. Unless this was taken off a 450x (I think), they had their own version number.

Tony

Staff member
If it's what I think it is (even I still need to do some research on this), then it would be 3.40.1

But again, I have never heard of that firmware version. The only two on the download page are 3.1 and 4.0.14

rbei31201

By the way... I'm still confused on how you got that if you didn't already figure that.

Tony

Staff member
I will see if I can do a quick video to help explain it. Kind of hard in text. I do better in videos lol.

rbei31201

Hey Tony,
I bought a usb interface and the 7200 I posted the vid of reads as follows;
Hardware version - 8.1
Application version - 3003.0.1
Data version - 1.1

Top Bottom