Misc. Ar7200bx Programming

Hello everyone. New here and just purchased the interface from Spektrum for my AR7200BX. Followed the youtube video and downloaded the programming software and drivers. When I launch the program it comes up way different than the youtube video. The version only gives you comm1 and comm4 choices. I downloaded the drivers and the dongle lights with a blue light. The version of the software is Studio-X 3.1.2. Something is not cosher. Can anyone tell me what I am missing or how come my program is different?

Tony

Staff member
It could be different just because of the newer version. I always just set the BX gyro's up on the gyro and I don't use the computer software.

RandyDSok

The version only gives you comm1 and comm4 choices

The software is probably just listing the COM ports that are present on your computer. While I'm just guessing here and since I have no way to actually know what your computer came with, I'll explain a little bit... Many systems come with one COM port but they often or at least usually don't have the 9 pin or 25 pin header on them so you may or may not see a physical COM port on the system. If this is the case with your computer, that is likely the COM1 port you are seeing in the list.

When you install drivers for certain USB devices, they often have a software COM port that they will add to the system. If that is the case here, the likely port assigned is the COM4 port you mentioned. You can probably find out by looking in the Device Manager and look in the ports area... then disconnect the USB cable to see if COM4 goes away or not.

Top Bottom