FBL Gyro ar7200bx help please

DeWayne

Ok the way im understanding this in menu G of the 7200 it is like the dir mode on the 3gx where you level your swash plate and make sure you have 0 pitch and you want all tx stick in the center as well.....

my 7200 is in spot mode....i have notice that my rudder movement is very small amount in each direction is this normal and this is the flight mode not in any setup mode

trainrider06

Mine did the same thing, what worked for me was going back through setup mode making sure I was completely out of setup before powering down...I didn't adjust anything just toggled through each mode then exiting the program mode, then powered it off.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
trainrider06 is right. You have to go through the complete setup mode in order for the AR to recognize any change. Power off and re boot and you should be good to go.

DeWayne

OK guys after working the the ar7200bx (beastX) I will never use another FBL system...the BeastX FBL just plain works and is so stable i can almost sit my TX down and it would stay in a stable hover...this new setup is absolutely the best...Spektrum DX9 and the AR7200bx with remote receiver has made a world of difference on my Trex 550E Pro DFC....thank all of you for your help and support...and a BIG thanks to you Tony for your videos... the BeastX is so good i threw my 3GX in the trash...all my future builds will have a spectrum receiver and BeastX FBL

To all that are new to the hobby...don't do what i did...i went cheap and had headaches and a crash, spend the extra bucks and get the good stuff...i had a great heli (Align Trex 550E Pro DFC..Rebuilt now after crash) but used cheap TX and receivers...and used the 3GX fbl...after the crash i spent the extra money and got the Spektrum DX9 Tx....i had a Devo 8s tx and reciever and then switched to the Ar7200BX fbl and reciever by spectrum and BeastX you will not go wrong with that setup....I highly recommend Spektrum Transmitters and receivers and beastX FBL

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like you are having much better luck now. The BX is a fantastic gyro. I have it on my 450 Align and like you said, it just works on stock settings. Perfect for getting a new pilot into the air without worry of a tip over or twitch.

DeWayne

I am amazed at the difference, still could never get a 6 degree on menu J but i did get a blue lite on 6.5 so i went with that...heli seems very stable...a friend of mine that has been flying for years...flybar helis only...has been helping me as much as he can....the 3gx actually was scarring him away from the flybarless setup cause it was so hard to keep it stable...now that he seen the ar7200bx and how easy it was to setup and just how stable it is he has changed his mind so now he's looking into the flybarless setup with the BeastX

Tony

Staff member
6.5 shouldn't be an issue. And yes, the BX is far better than the 3GX ever thought of being.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
In order to get the blue light and 6 degrees to match or get close, make sure you have a level surface that you put your heli on. In my case I made a level platform. If the surface is not perfectly level where you set your heli on will not get the blue light and 6 degree to match. I love my AR 7200BX on my Tarot 450 that I decided to get the 7300BX for my Gaui X3. The 7300BX is a lot bigger then the 7200BX but it's cheaper. I pick a AR7300BX for $114.99 from Go Nitro Hobbies vs AR7200BX for $156.99 plus the AR7200BX is being Discontinue. I hope this helps a little bit.

Top Bottom