FBL Gyro Ar7200bx Gain?

Darrinsp

I might be in my head here but how do I speed up Ail and Elv servos return to center after any input?
I may be wrong but shouldn't they return to center with 0 stick and if so how do i speed them up? Gyro gain?
Last gyro was a 3gx and that was what 8 years ago for Trex and a 500E?

Tony

Staff member
If the helicopter is just sitting on the bench, they will always return to center slowly. You gave the gyro an input and it is trying to hold as long as it can to get the helicopter to the point where you told it to go. However, the cyclic is a Rate Mode gyro so it does return to center unlike the tail which should be in Heading hold and will hold pitch until it gets to the 'heading' you told it to go to. What matters here is how it flies. You can test the gyro by just moving the helicopter around in space by holding it and moving it. The swash should be trying to counter your movement.

Darrinsp

Yes Tony on the bench the head servos after given a command or changing attitude of heli compensate to get back to zero,"hover" my challenge is when in hover and i add Ail or ELv and let go of the stick the heli does not level out and continues in the direction i inputted even tho ive let the stick go back to center, It feels old school in the fact i have to bring it back to hover with the opposite " right or left input " to stop the direction its headed .
should i just buy the AR7210gx with the "OH SHIT " mode upgrade and bail out features or do i have a setting issue?

Tony

Staff member
The standard AR7210BX doesn't have self stabilization. In this mode, it is like a marble on a pane of glass. If you give it an input, it will start to roll. If you do not counter this movement, then it will continue to roll until it falls off. You must counter the movement to get it back into a hover.

IMO, I would not pay the extra money to get the self stabilization. I would practice on maintaining a stable hover and moving the helicopter around in the 4 orientations.

Darrinsp

9 or 10 years ago I got into heli's after flying 3D aircraft and purchased a trex 500 plain jane flybar heli new in the box and built and learned to fly it, I still have it but cant source a main shaft for it so i got my hands on this trex 500 pro DFC that has a AR7200gx gyro and its messing with me because im used to setting my own dx and expo, yes ive set my own dx and expo in my new DX6 tx but have been trying to fly this thing on just the receiver 'Ar7200gx' and its suggested settings with out switching to my own DR and Expo.
I guess i would like the gyro to return to its center quicker after an input, it goes back to center on the bench

Tony

Staff member
I may actually have a brand new main shaft for that helicopter. But I'm sure you can get them new from amain or the like. Can you measure the overall length of the main shaft as well as center to center on the two holes on the main shaft? If you can, I will compare that to what I have and if they are the same, we will work out a deal. I have absolutely no use for it since I no longer own a 500 size helicopter.

Darrinsp

I will have to remove the shaft and get the measurements, it just hangs from the ceiling now and i got a great deal on this trex 500 pro fbl i scooped it up but the 2012 tech in the Ar7200gx has been a two week ordeal to set up from original builder. lets just say for my own confidence i needed to go through every nut, bolt and settings before i even tried to put it in the air.
lock tight was a little excessive everywhere ! IDK guess i should get the sym set on the PC and get the feel again , i had it in the air today but only on gyro settings, scary!

Top Bottom