Misc Ar7010 & gps

WyDiablo

My GPS and AR7010 arrived yesterday and last nite I was reconnecting the naza to the rx the same as it was connected to the AR610E that did not have a preset failsafe.
A to Ale
T to Throddle
R to Rudder
E to Elev
U should be pulgged into the gear channel on my rx to make a 3 psoition switch correct? The 3 position switch would be the switch that controls the idle up 1 and 2. The would become the GPS/Att/Man switch. Now how do I make the other switches work I still have the aux 1 and aux 2 empty. I have not connected the GPS yet still need to get the rx connected and the failsafe setup and my tx is a DX7. I sure could use some help here guys.

Thanks

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
There are plenty of videos on you tube that explain how to set it up. I just watched one yesterday on a dx7s set up I can't explain it to you cause I'm trying to figure it out myself for my dx8. But you an go into the tx programing and select any switch you want to work on any Channel you want! I just hooked up x1 to aux1 and x2 to aux2. Then I'm going into my programing on the tx to select the switches. You have to tie one 2 position to a 3 position switch to get your fail safe to work. Just watch has many videos has you can then figure it out. Cause it seems like there are many ways to get it to work! Lol.

WyDiablo

I did the bind on my AR7010 rx for the pre-failsafe and right after it was bound the light started flashing fast yellow for "tx no signal". Woudl that be because I haad my gps plugged into the naza and it was telling me that the gps had no signal? Or would it be the rx with no signal?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Re: Ar7010 & gps

Like I said I'm just researching this myself. I'm not going to program it till I know what's what. I might try this weekend. Read the NAZA Manuel it should tell you what's what. I know the light blinks when not hooked up to you computer. Then turns green when hooked up. But you have to program it before you do anything. And check for updates.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think there is anyone on hear besides you and I and Chris that have the NAZA anyway. Chris dosen't run the gps yet.

WyDiablo

My hexa was already programmed and was flying all I did was replace the AR6100E rx with a AR7010 rx and add the gps. After binding per spektrum instructions fpr pre-set failsafe and after the red light stopped blinking it turned solid red but then it started to blinking fast yellow meaing (tx signal lost)

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Ok well I did read that you have to re program everything after you change a component. If you haven't already you can download the Manuel off the NAZA websight.

WyDiablo

I connect my naza gps to the laptop and open assist. then load newest version firmware and software , Recalibrate everything but my GPS calibration does not show up in the program. Any suggestions?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
There was something in a video I watched last weekend. That you can't calibrate it in manual mode. you have to put it in ATT mode or gps mode to get the calibration window to open for the gps.

Lee

I wish i could help dude, but i don't have a NAZA. My friend does. I'll try to get him on here, but english is not his first language. I'll ask him some questions for you.

Tony

Staff member
We actually have quite a few members on here that English is not their first language. Seems to work well except for one member where something was lost in translation and I offended him somehow.

As with Lee, I would have been on here sooner but I know nothing about this, and I have never even heard of it until now. But I am keeping up with the thread trying to learn about it.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
We actually have quite a few members on here that English is not their first language. Seems to work well except for one member where something was lost in translation and I offended him somehow.

As with Lee, I would have been on here sooner but I know nothing about this, and I have never even heard of it until now. But I am keeping up with the thread trying to learn about it.

Like I said earlier, type in NAZA gps in you tube search and start watching the videos! Lol that how I'm finding out about it. I hope I know enough about it to program mine tomorrow. I'll let you know what I find out!

WyDiablo

Ok guys I went to my LHS and got 2 more cables. I connected my gear channel to my X! and my Aux2 channel to the X2. So right now I have the 3 way position switch that has GPS/ATT/Man and I have the Aux2 switch for the IOC (off and home lock) at lest that's what it shows in the naza assist. and I hope it works like it shows in the assist. The only thing that I don't have right now is RTH and failsafe. In the naza assist it can't figure out what the gear channel does.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Ok guys I went to my LHS and got 2 more cables. I connected my gear channel to my X! and my Aux2 channel to the X2. So right now I have the 3 way position switch that has GPS/ATT/Man and I have the Aux2 switch for the IOC (off and home lock) at lest that's what it shows in the naza assist. and I hope it works like it shows in the assist. The only thing that I don't have right now is RTH and failsafe. In the naza assist it can't figure out what the gear channel does.

Ok so I not sure how to explain this. So, lol. You have to take a two position switch and program it with your three position switch on the same Chanel. Gear to gear. When you flip the two position switch it go into failsafes.

WyDiablo

Thanks guys for all you help. I went to a local flying field today by invite from a friend that's very knowledgeable about rc aircraft and after hooking the hexa up to my lap top and opening up the DJI assist. he had my hexa flying great in about 10 mins. The fail safe the hard thing for me. He told me that ever though it did not turn blue it was still in fail safe and he proved that that by showing my both ways. I"m a very happy camper now. He took the hexa up about 20 feet and then turned off the tx and the hexa did just what it was programmed to do fly back to home and land.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
cool I finally got my failsafe to light up too. Im useing my aux1 for manuel, app, and gps and my gear for failsafe. Then my aux2 works the home lock, land, or off.

WyDiablo

The only that I have figured out to get the hexa to do in the RTH is to just turn off the tx and it will rth. May aux2 channel is only a 2 position switch so I only have "Off and Home lock"

Top Bottom