1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Hey Guest, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

FBL Gyro Ar6335 Power Problem

Discussion in 'Helicopters' started by USAF_Ret, Apr 15, 2018.

1. USAF_Ret

USAF_Ret Member

I am having an issue with my AR6335 (from my Blade 180) that it will not maintain power.

It binds find, but after binding, I remove power from the ESC, turn off the TX. Then turn on the TX and apply power to the ESC. The AR6335 power LED comes on briefly and then goes out. Never to come on again. I have changed ESCs and batteries and rebound several times. But that does not resolve the problem.

I have never had a receiver go bad before but I guess its possible.

Anyone else have any similar experience or have an idea how to remedy the problem...

Thanks.

Paul

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Have you tried unplugging everything but the ESC/BEC? Maybe it's a short of some kind. Just spitballing here.

3. USAF_Ret

USAF_Ret Member

Tony,

I have done it with just the esc powering up and with servos attached. Same results.

Paul

4. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

I guess the only other thing to test is input voltage and compare it to the input specs of the Rx. From there, try another Rx with your setup and see if it does the same thing. Trial and error unfortunately.

5. Smoggie

Smoggie I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter

After binding it says in the manual that you have to remove the bind plug BEFORE powering off the transmitter. I cant see how it can make any difference as once the receiver is off it shouldn't matter if the transmitter is on or off, but if in doubt it would do no harm to follow the manual precisely. You might also try removing the bind plug after binding but before powering off the receiver (possibly a typo in the instructions?).

6. USAF_Ret

USAF_Ret Member

I think I have done it that way, but not sure. Traveling this week, so will have to wait until Friday before checking out the theory.

Paul