FBL Gyro Ar6335 Power Problem

USAF_Ret

I am having an issue with my AR6335 (from my Blade 180) that it will not maintain power.

It binds find, but after binding, I remove power from the ESC, turn off the TX. Then turn on the TX and apply power to the ESC. The AR6335 power LED comes on briefly and then goes out. Never to come on again. I have changed ESCs and batteries and rebound several times. But that does not resolve the problem.

I have never had a receiver go bad before but I guess its possible.

Anyone else have any similar experience or have an idea how to remedy the problem...

Thanks.

Paul

Tony

Staff member
Have you tried unplugging everything but the ESC/BEC? Maybe it's a short of some kind. Just spitballing here.

Tony

Staff member
I guess the only other thing to test is input voltage and compare it to the input specs of the Rx. From there, try another Rx with your setup and see if it does the same thing. Trial and error unfortunately.

Smoggie

After binding it says in the manual that you have to remove the bind plug BEFORE powering off the transmitter. I cant see how it can make any difference as once the receiver is off it shouldn't matter if the transmitter is on or off, but if in doubt it would do no harm to follow the manual precisely. You might also try removing the bind plug after binding but before powering off the receiver (possibly a typo in the instructions?).

Binding
The AR6335 receiver must be bound to the transmitter before it will operate.
Binding is the process of teaching the receiver the specific code of the
transmitter so it will only connect to that specific transmitter.

1. Insert the bind plug in the BIND port on the receiver.
2. Power the receiver through any open channel port. The orange LED on the
receiver flashes, indicating the receiver is in bind mode.
3. Put the transmitter in bind mode. Binding is complete when the orange LED
on the receiver is solid.
4. Remove the bind plug from the BIND/PROG port on the receiver before you
power off the transmitter and store it in a convenient place.

NOTICE: Remove the bind plug to prevent the system from entering bind mode
the next time the power is turned on.
5. After you set up your model, always rebind the transmitter and receiver to
set the desired failsafe positions.

USAF_Ret

I think I have done it that way, but not sure. Traveling this week, so will have to wait until Friday before checking out the theory.

Paul

Top Bottom