General AR 7200BX do I need the usb cable?

Icehunter

So lil ol me is converting a trex 450 sport and 500 ESP over to FBL. I have AR7200BX receivers coming for both. Why you may ask? Older technology?? Its because from what I have read/been told is that they are pretty easy to set up for a first time FBL newb. I don't care about telemetry,rescue,bring home safely,or my fly is undone functions!! I really don't want to sit for hours in front of a puter at this point trying to figure lots of things out. But...with that being said...Should I pick up the USB cable for the RX"s? For a just in case moment? I can get one used in mint shape for 20 bucks plus shipping,so lets say 30 bucks.

Should I grab it?? Should I down load the latest or "last" version and read it for my own learning? I am really not into hard core 3d. More just casual/scale flying at this point....Opinions? Suggestions?? :arms:

Tony

Staff member

Icehunter

Awesome vids once again Tony. Thanks for your help as always. Once I get the RX"s,it will be so much easier. Just setting up a DX7 radio for all the t-rexes and rechecking the swash level on the 450. I am anxious to get swapping parts over.

Tony

Staff member
I know a lot of people that love that gyro. It may be old and discontinued, but it's still a fantastic gyro IMO. I still run it on my 450 for now lol.

Icehunter

So when setting up the head. Should a person start with the -10..0..+10 thingy? Then hook up the new fangled gyroscopic device and carry on?

Smoggie

No, you cant really do anything until the flybarless is connected. Just hook it up and follow the setup process.

Tony

Staff member
You will want to start with absolutely no subtrim in your Tx and all travel adjustments set to 100/100. Basically, a fresh model in your Tx.

Icehunter

Crap...I just got done leveling the swash,I needed a little subtrim but got it pretty much perfect. I always leave travel at 100%. Should I make sure that all pitch and throttle curves are linear? Any thing else I should wipe out?

Tony

Staff member
I should have been more clear. When you start the process of setting the helicopter up. you should have everything at default settings. If the gyro program or manual tell you to adjust something, then by all means, adjust it. But until then, you really want default settings.

Top Bottom