FBL Gyro AR 636 issues on 230s

Mikker

We have had the most difficult time in our 230 s experience. Bought our first one December. Second flight and the stock tail rotor blew up. We looked for stock rotors for ever as they were out of stock. Decided to buy a second one....bad mistake! The second helicopter flew a handful of times until it landed abruptly due to a Blade Failure. This time it was the esc/tail motor failure. So, we went to LHS and bought new units...they never made it in the air. Smoked on the spool up. Called HH and they said send them in so, we sent the esc and motor in. Weeks later we rebuild and were on fire. Called HH and sent all electric parts in for evaluation. After two weeks they sent a new ar636 in lieu of the ar636a and new tail motor and esc. The new RX included programming cables. So we installed all the components and began to program the RX. Total brick. No lights, no sounds, not even recognized when plugged in to USB port. Tolerance is wearing thin. Not only has all of that happened but my faithful dx7s received the spectrum update and now it is a boat anchor. Not happy with the RX and really concerned about my TX. Currently it is all in a box on my kitchen counter waiting to get mailed to HH.

trainrider06

Wow! Sounds like your going through the ringer on that thing! I have a 230S and love it! Have had no issues with it so far.
I have heard there were some with the ESC's messing up, but yours sounds like it's plagued with issues!
So since getting ESC motor, and now the receiver, it won't power up at all???

trainrider06

Ok have you created a new model in your radio? I think you need a default "new model" for initial setup of the receiver..also I know this is a redundant thing but is everything plugged in correctly to the receiver?

Mikker

Ok have you created a new model in your radio? I think you need a default "new model" for initial setup of the receiver..also I know this is a redundant thing but is everything plugged in correctly to the receiver?

I am waiting on HH to send corrected receivers back. Just got off. The phone with them and they promised to call prior to shipping and let us know what we need to do as assemblers to get this kit in the air.
Am fairly new to this side of RC world. We have meddled in cars and boats for years. The biggest difference in my world is the lack of knowledge when it comes to transmitter functions and programming. I understand DR and Expo. The mixing thing has me confused. I wish there were a book that explained all of the functions of a modern transmitter. Please advise

trainrider06

Hi Mikker, they have radio setups for the 230s tells you exactly how to set it up! Is how I set my DX8 up with the 230s...
Is this what your referring to?

Ahh good to have an experienced person to the forum on R/C cars! I'll see about locating those files for the radio for ya.
So they sent ya a crappy receiver??
This is a frustrating deal with these heli's that are so far advanced, get one of those problem child's and it's a nightmare! But I promise that is a really nice heli, me and another member "nade" have one, he actually has 2, and they are really nice birds!

Mikker

Thanks a million. Is it a file off your transmitter that you set as a preferance? Or the blade/Spektrum files? If the latter, I already have them and appreciate the help

trainrider06

This one I am not sure because I couldn't view it on my phone, but the file or actually it was settings I got that told you exactly what to set your radio, in order to use stability mode, bailout and the different flight mode setups. I was hoping this was one of those.

Tony

Staff member
It's the DX7s setup file. You can download the file and load it on teh Tx if you have an SD card slot.

Mikker

Everything arrived yesterday. It will be a bit before I can assemble. I tried calling MicroHeli twice today. Left a VM and nothing! This has been the same M.O. Everytime I call. We even e mailed them and NO RESPONSE! What gives? I need main carbon plates for their 230s frame. How do you successfully reach them? Please advise

Top Bottom