Spektrum AR 6155E Gain channel

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Newbie help please..I just received my DX6i, it included as Ar6155E with sat. now where do i plug my GYRO gain plug to? and do I need to do any special program in my radio.:hopelessness:

help please.

Tony

Staff member
You will plug it into channel 5, or the flaps channel (if I"m remembering correctly). From there, your gyro menu will control the gain of the gyro. The other plug on the gyro will go into the rudder channel. the flap channel should be right next to it.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
You will plug it into channel 5, or the flaps channel (if I"m remembering correctly). From there, your gyro menu will control the gain of the gyro. The other plug on the gyro will go into the rudder channel. the flap channel should be right next to it.

Thanks tony...so the radio will reconize it as a gyro on channel 5 or do i have to program channel 5 to be a gyro and not the flaps.

Tony

Staff member
When you set the heli up, you have to select if it's a plane or a heli. When you select heli, it will automatically assign that channel to the gain for the gyro. To adjust it, you will click the top of your wheel (always click the top, never the bottom) and scroll down to Gyro. In that menu, you will have two adjustments that you can adjust. Position 0 should be somewhere around 65% and position 1 should be about 35%. From 0-50 is rate mode and 50-100 is HH mode. You ALWAYS want to fly in HH mode and 65% is a good starting point. If you notice some tail wag, lower that number 2 clicks and try it again. If you do not get any wag out of it, raise the gain until you do get some wag and back it down 2 clicks. Make sure to check this in normal mode when flying as well as idle up when on the ground so that you have yoru gyro ready when you go into IU.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
When you set the heli up, you have to select if it's a plane or a heli. When you select heli, it will automatically assign that channel to the gain for the gyro. To adjust it, you will click the top of your wheel (always click the top, never the bottom) and scroll down to Gyro. In that menu, you will have two adjustments that you can adjust. Position 0 should be somewhere around 65% and position 1 should be about 35%. From 0-50 is rate mode and 50-100 is HH mode. You ALWAYS want to fly in HH mode and 65% is a good starting point. If you notice some tail wag, lower that number 2 clicks and try it again. If you do not get any wag out of it, raise the gain until you do get some wag and back it down 2 clicks. Make sure to check this in normal mode when flying as well as idle up when on the ground so that you have yoru gyro ready when you go into IU.

Thanks for clearing that up. So fly in HH which is Position 0. what do i use position 1 for and since i am new to this what is IU? Sorry! I will get this down packed one day. "Thanks for your support".

Tony

Staff member
IU stands for Idle Up. On the DX8, you will hear people say IU1 and IU2 since we have a 3 position switch. You dont have to keep HH in position 0, you cna put it in position 1 if you wish. The reason I like to keep one of them in rate mode is just before you spool the heli up, if you flip it into rate mode then back to HH mode, it iwll center your tail blades. When you are in HH mode, the tial blades will stay facing the direction you last gave input to face. Or, if you are moving the heli physically, the blades will move trying to counter that movement. By flipping into rate mode will reset the heading in the gyro so that when you try to take off, the heli won't want to spin around when you get the head speed up a bit.

It all takes time to understand, trust me. It took me a while to do it. But once you learn it, you should retain it unless you have a memory like mine, hence the need to create a forum to keep all of the info in lmao.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
IU stands for Idle Up. On the DX8, you will hear people say IU1 and IU2 since we have a 3 position switch. You dont have to keep HH in position 0, you cna put it in position 1 if you wish. The reason I like to keep one of them in rate mode is just before you spool the heli up, if you flip it into rate mode then back to HH mode, it iwll center your tail blades. When you are in HH mode, the tial blades will stay facing the direction you last gave input to face. Or, if you are moving the heli physically, the blades will move trying to counter that movement. By flipping into rate mode will reset the heading in the gyro so that when you try to take off, the heli won't want to spin around when you get the head speed up a bit.

It all takes time to understand, trust me. It took me a while to do it. But once you learn it, you should retain it unless you have a memory like mine, hence the need to create a forum to keep all of the info in lmao.

OK! I got everything program from Radio, ESC and GYRO. Mechanically everything " I hope is good" . Will try my maiden flight this weekend. Wish me luck..Oh! quick question. Once i learn how to invert, is it better to do 3D in HH or Rate mode?

Lee

Never use rate mode for any type of flying other than Scale. In scale flying it makes the heli react more like a real heli, but for everything else HH is the only option.. Its there to hold the tail, and doing 3D, you need the tail to be as solid as a rock :D

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Never use rate mode for any type of flying other than Scale. In scale flying it makes the heli react more like a real heli, but for everything else HH is the only option.. Its there to hold the tail, and doing 3D, you need the tail to be as solid as a rock :D

Thanks...Like I said i will get this down pack and maybe oneday I will be giving the advise.LOL.

Top Bottom