Apprentice S 15E First Flight

They are easy to fly. It has three settings beginning, intermediate and advance. First two limit the amount of elevation and aileron and cannot do rolls/flips. It also has a panic switch that will level the plane no matter what. For landing still landing in beginner's mode.

Ken Jackson

Gotta film those landings, even if the suck. LOL. My YAK 54 3x has never successfully landed on grass, always tips over. Lands fine on pavement.

Ken

- - - Updated - - -

Very smooth in the air.

Blade_flyer

The apprentice is a great first airplane. BTW, that was awesome flying for the first time in the air. Looks like you are a natural. I flew on the simulator for a month before I got up the nerve to fly the plane. I don't think I took it out of beginner mode until the third flight, so that is awesome for a first flight!

I still fly the Apprentice every weekend that we have decent flying weather. I've had it out in 20mph winds and it was solid! I converted mine to a taildragger back in October and it handles great on the grass.

Ken, the Yak has its mains very close to the CG point. That's why it flips over every time in lands on grass. Try adding full up elevator as soon as it bleeds off the airspeed and you may be able to keep the tail on the ground. I have an AT-6 that will do that as well. It has a lot of weight in the nose to balance it well. Retracts don't help either. They are too close together and not far enough forward. Works good on pavement but suks on the grass!

Diver9543

Nice flight! I have yet to maiden my Apprentice. I am hoping for good weather so I can take it out this weekend.

Jerry

- - - Updated - - -

Nice flight! I have yet to maiden my Apprentice. I am hoping for good weather so I can take it out this weekend.

Jerry

Top Bottom