Misc AP/FPV Fun

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
If you can't afford the goggles, you can use a computer or laptop to view your fpv! Any screen will work.

Tony

Staff member
The issue with LCD screens is the washout that you will get when sitting outside. The best thing you can do is sit next to a dark wall that is not lit by the sun. If you have something bright behind you it will reflect on the screen. If anyone has tried to watch TV outside, you know what I"m talking about. There are some ways to get around this however. You can build a box with a small hole cut in it that you can look into. Make this out of black cardboard and it will almost be like goggles lol. No matter what way you go, you will have fun. I know I can't wait until I get into this.

Lee

If you can't afford the goggles, you can use a computer or laptop to view your fpv! Any screen will work.
There are lots of cables on ebay that allow you to us your PC as a screen and recording device. From around $30 up.

The issue with LCD screens is the washout that you will get when sitting outside. The best thing you can do is sit next to a dark wall that is not lit by the sun. If you have something bright behind you it will reflect on the screen. If anyone has tried to watch TV outside, you know what I"m talking about. There are some ways to get around this however. You can build a box with a small hole cut in it that you can look into. Make this out of black cardboard and it will almost be like goggles lol. No matter what way you go, you will have fun. I know I can't wait until I get into this.

It impossible to see a screen as Tony said, unless you make a box for it. Goggles are the way forward IMAO.

WyDiablo

Its just really hard to see myself spending over $500 bucks for something like a full blown setup. But who knows I still just might pull that trigger lololl.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Its just really hard to see myself spending over $500 bucks for something like a full blown setup. But who knows I still just might pull that trigger lololl.

Lets see. $299.99 for Dominators. $69.99 for the immersion 600 mw tx. $33.99 for the dominator RX. $19.99 for the dominator battery. That's a total of $443.95 pluss shipping witch most places will give you free spending this much. You can use your go pro for a flight cam. This is the system that Lee uses. I'm in process of acquiring everything so that I am going wireless too. Lol

Or you can get a compete tx RX system from e bay for 70 80 bucks and use your own screen. Up to you. Nothing like a good set of goggles though. I bought a couple of used systems relatively cheep. One from tony that I may be willing to part with. I have not used it. I think I payed $50 plus shipping for it if you want to deal pm me. This is just for the RX tx and antennas. You still will have to figure out what to do for a monitor.

Last edited:

WyDiablo

I will give your offer some though as right now I'm talking to the wife about the full blown system. Wish me luck lolololol hard to explain to a female about big boy toys lolololol

Top Bottom