Anything i touched turned into stone today

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Man! Kinda sad day . No flying so no crashes... No bat flinging either lol just to clear off any doubts that you might have lol

But... Wanted to go fly today... 450 is down.. Some parts for it are only available in stores outside US.. So that doesn't help.

Last night I didn't get time to setup the vibe on my new radio so was planning to just fly with my dx6i... But when the weather got a bit gloomy, I decided to wait till the clouds went down and do some new setup. Well. I have a ar7100 rx. I was already Confuesd with that thing. As it has its inbuilt bec and regulator circuit so you can hook a LiPo straight to it and then has like 12 ports if not more as they are two different voltage it can give out 8v for the high torque servos or 4.8-5.2v for tail servos and such.

Well I hooked my stuff up on it ... And my beast just won't turn on. I was like what! Went online, and beast needs a different wiring with ar7100 than a conventional rx. Cause this rx is really special... Lol well. I decided not to mess with that. It was easy stuff but I decided not to .. So that was a fail. Well I went back to my old ar6200 setup and my beast came back on and servos started to chatter but my throttle servo wouldn't work. I was confused. I checked and saw my multigov wasn't blinking the way it was supposed to. Tried multiple times powering it from different rx ports but that thing would just not come on. Though the wire was bad, but when I plugged in the programmer, the programmer showed power but no data.. Almost like a computer with no OS. After a couple hours messing with it, I called it. Multigov pro expired .... It had something I did while switching through different ports with different voltages or I don't know. It had been used for a year or so and I bought it used so .. Well.. Ther goes my governor. Ughh

There wasn't gonna be any flying anymore at this point so decided to put that ar7100 on sale. I will be posting that in this forum too. (PM me if you want it) .. Well after that. I decided to go to the lhs and spend some more Money on parts for the 450 and also get some online orders done.

Well during all this I have also decided to sell the beastx on my vibe.. I am gonna go with a ar7200bx. I like the simplicity of the beast over any other and I just love how awesome it performs. If not, ill be going with a vbar, but I don't know .

First I have to buy a stupid multigov pro again. Yes. Again. It's a great peice of equipment and I have found some nib for amazing price . I love it because I don't have to tach my head speed on the field. Can have it work as governor of rev limiter, and have an inbuilt carbsmart.. (Which I haven't used yet. But I will)...

All that to say.. I am just so PO 'Ed that I won't be flying the vibe till January probably and 450 doesn't still have a servo cause the seller had a family tragedy so it'll be a while till he ships, I don't have parts from the online sites..

My planes now are may be something I can fix and fly. Got two new batteries for my 450, so I have more batteries now.. Also received a turnigy 1000kv 430W motor for my electric p-51 that has been lying there without a motor for months.

Also my nitro p-51 is almost ready to get in the air again. So maybe ill find refuge in planes for a while. I don't know. This sucks lol

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

murankar

Staff member
Sounds like my day. I was working on my tail control rod last night and set it down, now I cant find it. I got conformation that I will be needing a new motor, got a deal worked out for the old stockie. I can get it for 30 if I buy other stuff or 35 if I dont. Whats really cool about it is that the seller swaped out the motors in the kit to a better motor and now is sitting on something he cant sell as a new product. Then I was redoing my wiring and I was cutting zip ties and nicked a servo wire. I put some shrink wrap on it and made sure when I was done I put a new zip tie in the locatoin so it stays put. So now I am back to waiting.

Maybe in January you can fly the protos. Remeber if you dump it you buy it, :lmao: !!!

- - - Updated - - -

Found the tail push rod. Fun times ahead I hope.

Tony

Staff member
No worries. I tried to shoot two videos and they were both a fail. So no videos this week. I tried to rearange my rock in my tank to make it look better, no dice. Everything I touched didn't work out. So, I'm just going to sit here in the dark and drink...

Lee

I hope this isn't a bad omen for today. I'm off to the local club now, hopefully to sell the 600 to a guy. I'll probably crash it doing the demo. :D
Wish me luck.

Tony

Staff member
Lee, I'm not giving up on today and I have went out and shot a video that I'm going to try like hell to get uploaded Monday I hope. If this is a sign of anything, then you will do fine with the 600. It's an Align after all :chuckles:

Lee

Sold it and didn't crash it :) He nearly did. Now i just need to sell my stuff, cause i'm planning a new build as soon as funds allow.

Top Bottom