Servos Anyone tried these Servos?

Blade 400

I bought these recently and intend to put three on my Blade 400 Heli, I have a Digital tail servo (Its the first time I will be able to move my Gyro switch from standard) to digital)
I put them on my Servo tester and they are really smooth, I won`t know how they hold up for a while - I`m only doing low level hovering and orientation manoeuvres, so I shouldn`t have any serious damage if one fails. Great price for metal gear servos :thumbsup:

MG-90S MG90S Metal Gear Micro Servo RC Helicopter Car Robot _UK Fast | eBay

Admiral

I used them years ago, they came standard in a Robo Pigeon helicopter, they were analogue and I'm not sure if they had Plastic or Metal gears, they did well for the price but didn't take much punishment. As I was learning they used to get a lot of punishment but replacements were cheap and readily available. Don't remember one ever failing in flight only in rough landings or crashes.

Blade 400

I used them years ago, they came standard in a Robo Pigeon helicopter, they were analogue and I'm not sure if they had Plastic or Metal gears, they did well for the price but didn't take much punishment. As I was learning they used to get a lot of punishment but replacements were cheap and readily available. Don't remember one ever failing in flight only in rough landings or crashes.
Thanks Admiral,

They do have a plastic geared model too. As these have metal gears, I`m hoping they hold up as I`m at the learning stage! I think they are Digital looking at the servo database?

TowerPro MG90S Servo Specifications and Reviews (servodatabase.com)

murankar

Staff member
Those servos back in 2011 were the goto servo for a 450 class heli. Most bang for the buck. In today's standard RJX are a good entry level servo unless that's changed in the last year or so.

Blade 400

Those servos back in 2011 were the goto servo for a 450 class heli. Most bang for the buck. In today's standard RJX are a good entry level servo unless that's changed in the last year or so.
Thanks for the heads up murankar :thumbsup:
I still haven`t got around to installing them as I`ve been really busy with my new Tarot 450 Pro v2 purchase!
I have a FBL issue at the moment but I`m happy to put that on the back burner for now.
I`ve just been out with my Blade 400 with new CF blades, I found a flat area for take off and kept her higher than normal so I could recover easily when she was pushed by the odd gust. I did have to make a few recoveries but she was mostly stable and I did land her by flicking throttle hold and she came down level :biggrin1:

Top Bottom