ESC ANYONE SUCCESSFULLY SET UP A YEP ESC 120HV? - Having issues

Westy

LEGEND
hey there.

Hope I can get some help..... struggling to get this stupid thing to work.

For my New Goblin I amd running
Scorpion HKIII 4035-560 motor on 12s and running YEP 120amp HV ESC

Everything goes as per Mr Mels video on you tube .... and then when I go to spool up after settting the Gov Store.... it all goes pear shaped!

When I spool up (No Belt on drive of motor) it slowely revs to bout 25% and then stops .... doe sthis 2 times .... then the 3rd time .... it does it and then gives a big KICK! then it reves and revs ... but when you move the throttle up and down ... it is really slow to repspond (Not even close to being flyable) .....

Here are the SETTINGS I have so far

PAGE ONE

• TIMING: 6º (Scorpion recommed 5º) only chooise is 0 or 6 or 12 or higher ...
  • Brake: OFF
  • Cut off Type/ ACCu Type = Slow Down and LIPO
  • Cut Off Voltage 2.4 - 3.1
  • Cells 6 (Mr Mels recommendation as running on 12s and pack is at 3.9V as stipulated)
  • Special Features (NONE SELECTED

PAGE 2
  • ACT FREEW WHEEL/GOV MODE: ON FREEW on and GOV STORE
  • GOV MODE P-GAIN: 1.2
  • GOV MODE I-GAIN: 0.05
  • START UP SPEED: Heli Slow (Have tried med and fast too )
  • PWM FREQ = 8Khz (Recommended from Scorpion)
  • Startup Power = 2%

That is all I have ...... not getting very far .... had gone over and over and over .... and did I say over it? ;)

Hope someone with experience with these Controllers can assist

I thought Lee had one!

heli-maniac

You need to change the cells to 12 if your running 12 cells
and start up to auto
I have the 45 a on my warp same as Lee and it works awesome
And i just put a 100a on my 550 have not got to test it out

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
thanks Super bad ... I have got it reprogrammed for a gov store learn in the morning .... have set it up for 12s and will be putting my 2 x 3.8v/cell lipos on to give it a run for its money!

if that dont work.... I will try 12 to 18 deg timing .... and if that dont work ... I will try the Auto start up (Is that where it goes from 2 - 32%?)

I spent 4 hours on it today ... and got welll .... learning that what I was doing was not working ..... so not nowhere! hahahah .... we were getting somewhere .... just not where I wanted me to be!

Lee

Don`t use Gov store use Gov. I found Gov store was not working for me.
Auto start up as Jesse said.
LVC at 2.4 is a bit low.
When i get bqck to Spain, i`ll look at my settings.

Westy

LEGEND
you don't like Gove Store Lee? what went wrong with it? I have it working now ..... needed flat lines across the complete throttle curve .... no "ZERO" use throttle hold to hold and release....

Seems to be working nice now since I changed some settings.

Weather has now turned bitter cold and .... very very windy .... not keen with an unknown bird and setup .....

Lee

I couldn't get it to do the high throttle with the dip to tell you it was ready. I kept doing it but never got it to work.

heli-maniac

I didnt see anything about it dipping what I saw and mine dose is when you go full thr. it stops at the high rpm for a few sec. then goes high then its done

Westy

LEGEND
really? I got mine sorted ...... There is a special sequence of powering up and down that I found ...... spent hours getting it to work ..... and have repeated and repeated the process so that I know how it goes ..... and I reset the Gov Store about 6 times ... to make sure I know what I was doing .....

Am about to do it again shortly as I was doing a vid of how to do it in Layman's terms ..... and I forgot to discharge the batteries to 3.8 - 4.0v/cell .... so ha ha .... so much for knowing what to do ..... must have been too excited to fly ..... and then the weather turned to custard ..... and that as they say is that.. I did make a tool for resizing the ball joints for the goblin 630,700 though as my tail was that tight on them ... that the servo of heavily buzzing under load ..... went and bought some more balls for the 630/700 and used one of them as the std 4.7mm sizer just flops around in the hole once you snap it in.

MAn does it hold its tune when you get the gov set up right !!!!!! like music to my ears...... now to test it and see if it holds ..... may have to increase the potential gain and Integral gain to tighten the perameters.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
really? I got mine sorted ...... There is a special sequence of powering up and down that I found ...... spent hours getting it to work ..... and have repeated and repeated the process so that I know how it goes ..... and I reset the Gov Store about 6 times ... to make sure I know what I was doing .....

Am about to do it again shortly as I was doing a vid of how to do it in Layman's terms ..... and I forgot to discharge the batteries to 3.8 - 4.0v/cell .... so ha ha .... so much for knowing what to do ..... must have been too excited to fly ..... and then the weather turned to custard ..... and that as they say is that.. I did make a tool for resizing the ball joints for the goblin 630,700 though as my tail was that tight on them ... that the servo of heavily buzzing under load ..... went and bought some more balls for the 630/700 and used one of them as the std 4.7mm sizer just flops around in the hole once you snap it in.

MAn does it hold its tune when you get the gov set up right !!!!!! like music to my ears...... now to test it and see if it holds ..... may have to increase the potential gain and Integral gain to tighten the perameters.

your teasing us right...you know we have all been waiting to see her fly. you sure you want to mess with PID yet. you should fly her first and see.

Westy

LEGEND
I will Fly it tomorrow for sure ... if it is reasonably calm .... will be charging bats up first thing ..... in the morning.

Top Bottom