450 Anyone know about Tarot 450 pro clones please?

Blade 400

Is the Tarot 450 pro clone a better Heli to learn on than the Blade 400? Stability wise due to the increase in size and higher quality parts?
Thanks

Admiral

Much of a muchness, both spin the same size blades etc and both considered 450 class helicopters, bearings etc are probably better quality in the Blade 400 but Tarot are considered one of the better quality clones, I've had both and if I had to recommend one would go Blade although the amount of plastic components used in them is a bit of a turn off.

Blade 400

Much of a muchness, both spin the same size blades etc and both considered 450 class helicopters, bearings etc are probably better quality in the Blade 400 but Tarot are considered one of the better quality clones, I've had both and if I had to recommend one would go Blade although the amount of plastic components used in them is a bit of a turn off.
Thanks Admiral. Based on your reply you`ve just saved me £115 as there`s one for sale on e-bay! I thought as its a 450 instead of a 400 and a clone of the Align trex 450 pro, it would be miles better for learning on, but you, having had both favour the Blade, which is good enough for me :thumbsup:

Admiral

The sooner you move to FBL the easier you will find learning and setting up the helicopter, less complicated head setup and a bit more forgiving.

Video is of my Blade 400 FBL conversion in 2014, worked well.

Blade 400

The sooner you move to FBL the easier you will find learning and setting up the helicopter, less complicated head setup and a bit more forgiving.

Video is of my Blade 400 FBL conversion in 2014, worked well.

Thanks Admiral, that looks great! The 450 Tarot Pro v2 that`s for sale is FBL? Is it worth considering please??? :thumbsup:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I agree with the Admiral about blade helis having to much plastic. That's why I never purchased a blade heli. I too own a Tarot 450 pro v2 but I turned my into DFC head on it instead. I learned to fly a 450 when I started. I had no idea at the time, what I was doing or buying lol. Even it was a clone of Align 450, it worked well for me. You can also change out some parts from Align to Tarot and visa-versa. I think this the only US store that sells them. Don't quote me Tarot 450 Pro V2 FBL Carbon Fiber Basic Kit Trex Helicopter (RH20006-A) Black

Blade 400

I agree with the Admiral about blade helis having to much plastic. That's why I never purchased a blade heli. I too own a Tarot 450 pro v2 but I turned my into DFC head on it instead. I learned to fly a 450 when I started. I had no idea at the time, what I was doing or buying lol. Even it was a clone of Align 450, it worked well for me. You can also change out some parts from Align to Tarot and visa-versa. I think this the only US store that sells them. Don't quote me Tarot 450 Pro V2 FBL Carbon Fiber Basic Kit Trex Helicopter (RH20006-A) Black
Thanks very much D.O.G. :thumbsup:

What do you think of this please? Would she be better in the wind than the Blade 400, so better for learning???

Tarot 450 pro2 flybarless align clone. | eBay

Thanks

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I don't know Blade, buying a second hand heli from e-bay or any other site. You don't know what your getting. Check some local HS near you for use helis. On a different note, the bigger the heli, the more stable and easier to fly. Down fall...more $$$$ to fix. According to URI and many others, the 550 is a nice size bird to learn on.

Blade 400

I don't know Blade, buying a second hand heli from e-bay or any other site. You don't know what your getting. Check some local HS near you for use helis. On a different note, the bigger the heli, the more stable and easier to fly. Down fall...more $$$$ to fix. According to URI and many others, the 550 is a nice size bird to learn on.
Thanks D.O.G. I`ve heard a few people saying the same about a 550 being far more stable. Local HS are recommending the OMP M2 as it is incredibly stable with tame settings and you can turn her into a high performance bird just changing settings in the TX when you advance. Also, parts are really cheap :thumbsup:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I have no idea about the OMP M2. I know Smoggie and a few others on this site has OMP and they love it. I would stay with the 400s and learn how to fly that first before purchasing other helis. You have like 3 of them that you can use for spare parts while learning to fly. Once you get the hang of flying , under control, latter on down the road you can get something more suitable and maybe bigger for you to fly. Think about it before purchasing all these helis to learn on. The sim is the best place to try out helis...I'm just saying :).

Blade 400

I have no idea about the OMP M2. I know Smoggie and a few others on this site has OMP and they love it. I would stay with the 400s and learn how to fly that first before purchasing other helis. You have like 3 of them that you can use for spare parts while learning to fly. Once you get the hang of flying , under control, latter on down the road you can get something more suitable and maybe bigger for you to fly. Think about it before purchasing all these helis to learn on. The sim is the best place to try out helis...I'm just saying :).
You`re absolutely right D.O.G. I have more than enough Heli`s at the moment which are all capable machines, I`m the weakest link :bellyroll:
The Sim is what I really need to concentrate on. I have bought a dongle that will enable me to use my own DX6i TX with the Phoenix flight Sim :thumbsup:

Top Bottom