General Anyone flown this heli? Ares Nanos FP

bigone5500

Seems a good deal for what you get. $24.99.

Ares RC Nanos FP 75 RTF Micro Heli w/2.4GHz Radio [AZSH2200] | Helicopters

azsh2200.jpg

bigone5500

I couldn't stand it. I found one on ebay $32.59 shipped. Has 6 axis stability control and an agility mode. Seems very comparable to my 120s and half the size. Amain has them on sale for $25 right now but shipping to me was $4 higher than the ebay listing. They use the small 150mAh 1s 25c lipos so batteries will be cheap enough.

bigone5500

Got this heli today and man is it small. Smaller than the Blade msr s. It flies consideraby well. Even with light wind. The only thing I didn't like is the batery attachment. You have to remove the canopy each time and is secured by double sided tape. The battery leads are very stiff too and are not silicone e coated. I opted for a small piece of velcro and that made all the difference. It ca me with a small 1S 150mah 25C lipo. These should be cheap and easy to get. Flight time on the first charge was about 4 minutes. It's also not nearly as squirrelly as the mSR S. Best heli I ever spent $20 on!

Tony

Staff member
That would be awesome! Really looking forward to seeing how this thing does. Inside or out. If La is anything like Ok, it will be an indoor flight lmao.

bigone5500

That would be awesome! Really looking forward to seeing how this thing does. Inside or out. If La is anything like Ok, it will be an indoor flight lmao.
For sure. Winds aren't very bad today. 4mph. Will wait for my son to get home so he can record it.

One thing I didn't mention is the battery is charged by connecting it to the transmitter. It comes with a cable that converts the tiny connector to jst. I am not sure what the recommended charge rate is for this battery but will assume 2C should be 300mA. Better have spare AA batteries when using the transmitter to charge.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, there are a lot of them going this way now. Charging off the Tx. I'm not a fan, I would rather get 6 batteries and parallel charge them on my iCharger. And yes, get some stock of AA batteries if you like to fly it lmao. Or better yet, I bet a 1s lipo would work in that Tx... Risky since it's over 3v, but might just prove to work better.

bigone5500

Yea, there are a lot of them going this way now. Charging off the Tx. I'm not a fan, I would rather get 6 batteries and parallel charge them on my iCharger. And yes, get some stock of AA batteries if you like to fly it lmao. Or better yet, I bet a 1s lipo would work in that Tx... Risky since it's over 3v, but might just prove to work better.

I bought three 24 packs of AA at harbor freight recently for $5 each. Alkaline at that. So far what I have used seems to be ok.

If anyone is interested the coupon code for those batteries is 84157752. This code is good till 5/31. It's good on 24aaa, 24aa, 6c, 6d, and four 9v.

20170329_102800.jpg

Tony

Staff member
That is fantastic. They are not the best batteries out there, they don't last the longest, but for that price, it's pretty well worth it. Thanks for sharing!

bigone5500

Wasn't able to get any video today. Got busy with a few things and did a little grillin'. Steaks and burgers if yer wunderin'! Will definitely get a video of the flight though. One thing's for sure...more than one battery is a must.

bigone5500

Connected the batery to my charger and it said it was reverse polarity. I plugged the battery to the adapter cable and sure enough it was backwards. Easy enough to swap the banana plugs. I kinda thought there was a standard for jst connectors...if it's keyed then there is a reason.

Tony

Staff member
I would rather catch it on the charger than after plugging it into something. Nice catch.

Top Bottom