450 Anyone Ever Snap A Motor Shaft?

Fastfreddie

So today I took out my pos blade 330x this was the first flight since something went wrong with my tail and I crashed. I lift off bring it into a hover about 18 ft high I go ahead and switch into idle up 1 which I only have set at 55% and all I hear is the motor screaming and the Heli just falls out of the sky.

scratching my head as to wtf now I take the canopy off and there’s the motor gear with the broken shaft still attached. I have come to the conclusion that I believe this was the first and last Heli I will ever buy from blade. I also broke one skid but everything else seems ok. I was just wondering if anyone else has heard of a motor shaft snapping in this way ?

Admiral

My guess would be that the motor shaft was damaged in the previous crash, I think your very unlucky I've owned plenty of Blade helicopters and never broken or even bend a motor shaft.
I don't buy Blade any longer as the cost of replacement parts is prohibitive compared to other brands.

Smoggie

I’ve seen them shear on bigger helis, the 6mm shafts on the big Align 850MX motor seem to be quite vulnerable.

On a smaller heli I’d also guess that the shaft either had been bent slightly in the earlier crash or the gear mesh was much too tight

Fastfreddie

Ok now that makes sense that it was damaged from the first crash and I was just a little hot headed from back to back crashes.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Fastfreddie. If I was hot headed from back to back crashes , I wouldn't even have a head to get hot Lol. Crashes are going to happen no matter if it's your fault or equipment failure. Just learn from your mistakes and always examines your bird very carefully before the next flight for ANY problems. Once you get the hang of it, crashes will decrease and flying will be more enjoyable for you :).

Fastfreddie

Yes you are right D.O.G and I have gotten to where I rarely have a crash because of my own doing unless I’m trying to do a new trick and I can deal with a crash when it’s my fault I know it’s part of learning but equipment failure really gets under my skin. I suppose I just need to learn to deal with it because I’m learning it’s just something that comes with the territory in this sport. I was just caught off guard with the motor shaft braking because I thought everything was fine after I had done a hover test after repairs and then not having a problem until I switched to idle up.

thanks to everyone for your input my frustration on this matter has subsided and I have already ordered the parts for repair

Top Bottom