General Anybody Remember

Airbrush dude

All this talk about FBL and sbus got me thinkin about back in the day.
Anybody remember when nitro was cool, helis where classified by there engine size not blade size,
before we knew that flybars were junk or that a 450 was not a "big" heli. How bout this, no digital servos.
Yes there was a time when there was no such thing. I got a better one, my first heli an X-cell 60 bent frame,
I had to build and balance the WOOD blades, and dial indicate the clutch shaft. Yeah that sucked.
Just feelin a little old trying to get my head around all the new stuff.

Check this out, when 3D started to get popular.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I remember those days. Never had the pleasure or means to build anything back then though. But now, they fly nitro like this..... Huge difference!

Geena

Staff member
My first helicopters. E-Razor 450, T-Rex 500ESP, Synergy N5, Synergy N9, were all flybarred. I ran an OS 50SX-H engine in the N5, and an OS 91HZPS in the N9. all of them had Futaba GY401 gyros on them. Once FBL cam out though, I converted over, and never looked back.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, FBL just opened up a whole new world. I remember when everyone was transitioning over, Bert K kept to his flybar lol. I think I remember him saying flybarless would never catch on or something along those lines.

Top Bottom