Any other land based RC guys here?

KingJerd

First off, let me say this....I LOVE WATCHING RC AIRCRAFT! Its intensely entertaining to watch. I tried flying a plane once.....it didnt end well (thank goodness for understanding aircraft owners) and I honestly would rather just watch them. Given these facts, I have no idea the inner workings of them. Give me a nitro or electric RC car or truck and Ill make magic, but airborn crafts.....not so much. Is anyone else here an RC ground pounder?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Watched some of your videos over there. Lol pretty cool. I've got a few. Projects to keep me busy over the next few mts. Maybe I'll try the ground pounder word in the spring. Meanwhile don't let a bad experience keep you from exploring our world. We all crash from time to time. Lol part of the game. Just like you crash the car every once in a while.

Tony

Staff member
I used to race every week, sometimes twice a week, then I got bored with it. It was always me and two other guys at the front of the field, and there just wasn't any fun in it anymore. So, I took a long break and then got into helicopters. After failing with helicopters (not really, but kinda lol) I got into airplanes. Should have started with planes first though.

If there are more car and truck guys here, I will start adding forums for you guys. This is an all around Rc site, not just for those of us that get into the air. So, tell your friends to sign up, we could have a lot of fun with this.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I have a couple of buds that are into the ground pounders. I was just at my best friends house saterday. He just got a ground pounder. Looks like it would be fun!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I will! He's not to computer savvy though! Lol he also is into RC boats. I'd rather play with the real boats myself!

Tony

Staff member
I will add just about anything and everything to this site if it gets new members here. The more members, the more fun. I will even put in a boat category, but I will need others help on that one.

KingJerd

Nice! I like the way this is going! Ive been looking at Towerhobbies at some of the entry level RTF planes also. Some of them look pretty dang neat. Not too pricey either.

Tony

Staff member
That is where I ordered my Edge 540T from. Decent shipping times, takes about two days to package and get everything out the door. But, that is the price you pay for dealing with one of the largest dealers in the world.

If you are looking to get into aircraft, You can't go wrong with any of the trainers. Just look for a plane that either has dihedral in the wing, or has the wing tips that bend upwards (polyhedral I think is what it's called). Once you figure out what the plane is going to do in the air, then you can move onto faster and more agile planes. Don't start out like me with an F-117 EDF plane hahaha.

Top Bottom