Servos Another weekend another failure. HATE ALIGN 655!!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
This isn't a rant without a reason. I am coming to hate these servos. I had a crash last week on my gasser as an align 655 decided to very conveniently lock up and throw my gasser into a spiral. Cost me about 300 bucks in repairs..

I thought that could be a bad servo, it's ok. I'll give the other one that I bought brand new from align a shot. It is installed in my align 700N DFC . Well guess what!!! Last flight of the day... And doing tic tocs 15ft from the ground and my tail what's a few times really fast and then .. PIROUETTES OUT OF CONTROL. All I has left was the cut the throttle and let it take a hit... Tail boom broke away with the torque tube all mangled up. Blades are gone. "A"arm assembly even is mangled up on the swash. Probably head needs a redo. Ugh!!!

Turned it back on . And servo was jumping around all over the place...!!!!!!! Just like the wag it. Caused before the failure!!

NEVER BUYING ALIGN 655 EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!! Ghosh I hate this servo!

I am still using align 610's and they are really really REALLY good servos. Have been with me since 1 year. And never a glitch... But man. Be warned about the 655's!

Derek

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with this servo, buddy! Your heli's are all much bigger than mine so I can understand your frustration. I've recently bought all new servos for my 600, including the 655 for the tail. Most everyone that I've talked to really like it. I hope you get it sorted.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah I was hoping to like it too. But it's one of those things.. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me lol.

This is two servos in two weeks. And the repair list is LONG! Lol

heli-maniac

How much voltage were you running to them
I have had the one in the 550 for almost 2 years and just put the one on the fusion 50

Top Bottom