Amain hobbies and Hobby town set to merge

trainrider06

Hobby Town sucks so bad here in my town, and although I like Amain hobbies, lately they have horrible shipping issues outta their CA area. I only use em if I am desperate!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hobby Town sucks so bad here in my town, and although I like Amain hobbies, lately they have horrible shipping issues outta their CA area. I only use em if I am desperate!

I really don't think that any of these distributors like A Main hobbies, HeliDirect, AnythingHeli ...ect are the problem. I think the postal service is the issue. I ordered a few heli items in the beginning of last week from different distributors and I use to receive them in about 3 to 5 days with just standard shipping. This time the items are showing up in about 7 to 10 days now. Closer to 10. So go figure.

murankar

Staff member
yes the postal service has rapidly declined in the last couple of years. Its very spotty at best. I get better service from UPS and FedEx.

trainrider06

I'll agree somewhat here but I have ordered through Lowerheli and by and by they for some reason get to me pretty quick, as well Ron Lund heli's, by the way I saw where Ron was going to retire and close up shop this year, so he's going to be liquidating his stock!

trainrider06

Yeah got an update email from him the other day. Said he was gonna liquidate or sell it off, whichever came first.
Can you imagine owning your own hobby business? :) I'd imagine one would be pretty busy though trying to keep up.

Top Bottom