AMA Membership has finally arrived

Derek

I got onto the AMA website about two weeks ago and paid for the membership. It finally arrived today! MEGA YAY!!!

IMAG0178.jpg

(I blanked out the ID Number. Dunno if it really matters, but I did it anyway)

IMAG0178.jpg

Derek

Thanks Kyle. I'm still trying to contact the board members of my local flying club. Emails just aren't working. I send emails but get no reply.

Anyway...I'm happy that I have this membership. I'll be getting it for my wife soon.

wolfman76

if they are like that already i am not sure if i would even want to be a member of their club then... know what i mean??? could only be a sign of how they might be in person if they can't return a simple e-mail from a potential member and due payee...

Derek

Agreed! Based on the info from their website, the flying field is now open for the season. I'm planning on driving out there tomorrow to see if anyone is around and I may just have to ask about the lack of communication.

Tony

Staff member
Congrats on the membership. And your local club closes the field for the winter? That's lame. If you want to get frostbite flying, it should be your decision lmao.

Derek

Yeah...I thought it was odd, too. But...i guess that's just the way they are. I have no idea. I dunno if I'll join up with them or not. I figure I'll give them a few visits and go from there. it would be really nice to hook up with them, at least for a little bit, because they have a great runway. I may need that runway when the FB Albatross is done and ready.

wolfman76

Good deal Derek.... And the club i might join hear is the barnstormers supposedly their field is said to be the longest runway in Indiana for rc planes and the whole closed for winter thing is weird barnstormers give each member a key for the padlock to the front gate so they can fly when they want to anytime of year

canongraphy

Hey congrats Derek!
should everyone join AMA? what do you have to do, just send money? Do you need to be a member to join a local club?
sorry asking for a friend :p And for others that have no idea what this is.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
...with conference? i don't understand.

Stupid I pad spell check! Ha ha. Confidence!

Yes if you fly Rc here in the us then you need to join the AMA. Just go to there web sight. All the info is there! If you want to join a local club them it's a requirement! The liability insurance you get alone makes it worth joining! You never know what can happen during a flight! Here is the web sight! http://www.modelaircraft.org/

Tony

Staff member
Yes, everyone should get their AMA! It provides insurance just incase your heli decides that someone doesn't need an arm anymore. they will sue you, but the AMA will pay for the bills. Or should. And most clubs do require AmA to join.

canongraphy

Stupid I pad spell check! Ha ha. Confidence!

Yes if you fly Rc here in the us then you need to join the AMA. Just go to there web sight. All the info is there! If you want to join a local club them it's a requirement! The liability insurance you get alone makes it worth joining! You never know what can happen during a flight! Here is the web sight! http://www.modelaircraft.org/

Thanks Sam yes I need to do that. Hope you're feeling better!

Top Bottom