AMA-Hold Off On FAA Registration

Derek

I surely can't blame you, at all, Matthias! No doubt! I've not registered yet simply because I'm not flying anything right now because the weather is just crap. I'm sure you are getting similar weather to what I'm getting. I will be registering in due time just because I can't afford the possibility of any sort of violation and or penalties, despite the fact that the FAA has clearly violated all of us. I have a nice house, two vehicles, the usual bills, a nice job, and a family. Any penalty or fine from the FAA because I was flying would very much screw things up for us.

murankar

Staff member
Yep that's why I don't want to take any chances. I know I keep hearing not to buckle and to keep strong but its to damn hard. I hate this catch 22 situation. On one hand you want to stand up and fight but on the other hand you cant because you might lose everything. They have already threatened to pull full scale pilots licenses.

trainrider06

I actually registered. After reviewing the potential for getting fined I had to. At the moment I have a lot of stuff at stake. My Army career could be affected if I were to get "caught flying dirty". My job in the Army requires that I hold a security clearance. My clearance can be pulled for any number of reasons and I foresee this being one of them. Should such an infraction with the law end up in court and I loose the case then I could face other issues with the Army. I just cant flush 18 years down the drain just because I want to fly. Anyhow I still feel the FAA is in violation of the law and I hope something gets done about it. I dont think it is going to be the AMA that does it.

I hear ya, my line badge is federal, and with the TSA scrutinizing anyone with any kind of record or whatever and the way these organizations work. I need not risk 28 years and a pension.

Top Bottom