ESC Alzrc V4 50a Brushless Esc Governor Mode

governor mode does the yellow wire go to the receiver Yellow RPM Signal . governor mode has me confused as i have never used it and never set it upRC472500-C-6-1.jpgany help would be appreciated

Tony

Staff member
It will go to a gyro IF you want to use the governor in your gyro. I would HIGHLY SUGGEST you just use the built in governor in the hobbywing ESC. It is a great governor, no reason not to use it.

murankar

Staff member
All that wire is for is head speed telemetry, I believe. If your FBL unit has an rpm sensor port that's what that wire is for. Its an rpm sensor.

As tony said the hobby wing is a great governor and there really is no reason to use anything else. Unless you really want to.

Tony

Staff member
Spoiler alert, in the SAB Goblin 380 video that is coming out Friday, I talk about that wire briefly and why I'm not using it.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
When you get her already to fly, will you make a video of the SAB Goblin 380 in action?

thanks guys so you don't need the rpm sensor great. to the throttle curve when setting up governor mode do i just set all at 50 straight across or is it the pitch be at 0 at all settings on pitch curve is this right

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Baz. It depends on how you and the heli fly's as one. If I'm correct, URI likes the v curve as my self I like the straight curves. My Gaui X3L is straight 85 on mode 1, straight 95 mode 2. My 450 is straight 83 mode 1, straight 88 mode 2. My 500 is straight 85 on mode 1, straight 90 on mode 2. These are just my example of my settings. Hope this gives you an idea :).

murankar

Staff member
V curve is for a non governed head speed. It was something that was started by nitro pilots before governors were introduced. This setup reduces the amount of bog the heli has during hard maneuvers.

If your running a governor (esc based or FBL based) you should be running a flat throttle curve.

murankar

Staff member
Use the manual.

So down and dirty, pitch curve is 0 25 50 75 100.

Throttle is tricky. It depends on which mode you use. I personally suggest gov sto mode. After you set that then unplug and plug in the esc. With the throttle stick at 50% let the heli spool up and sit there for 30 seconds or so. Cut the throttle or hit throttle hold. Unplug and replug in battery and your done.

Your throttle curve will be 60 60 60 60 60, 70 70 70 70 70, 80 80 80 80 80,.... Pick any 2 variations you want and set them to iu 1 and 2. Now your throttle curve number will correlate to a head speed. You may need to tach your head to get that number. A dx6i does not ha e telemetry. So getting your head speed on the radio may not happen.

governor mode setup now and wow it's awesome what a difference just using a straight 50/50/50/50/50 might go up to 60/60/60/60/60 using a 6 cell 1300
ALZRC X360 FBL love it really impressed with the kit79f108e21e7f2f5fb2e14231e16cd6dd.jpg 620721a5-a280-4555-8f1f-dfc86397a4fd.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks for sharing Baz. Looks like my Gaui X3 Lol. After you tame down the the tail some, the heli flies nice. Glad that you like the heli. Can't wait to see more videos :).

Top Bottom