1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

ESC Alzrc V4 50a Brushless Esc Governor Mode

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Baz Gascoigne, Apr 23, 2019.

< Servo Mods | Dell Poweredge 2850 Mod >
  1. Baz Gascoigne

Baz Gascoigne Member

Blog Posts:
    disabled
    governor mode does the yellow wire go to the receiver Yellow RPM Signal . governor mode has me confused as i have never used it and never set it up RC472500-C-6-1.jpg any help would be appreciated

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    It will go to a gyro IF you want to use the governor in your gyro. I would HIGHLY SUGGEST you just use the built in governor in the hobbywing ESC. It is a great governor, no reason not to use it.

Baz Gascoigne likes this.
  3. murankar

murankar Moderator Staff Member Armed Forces

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    All that wire is for is head speed telemetry, I believe. If your FBL unit has an rpm sensor port that's what that wire is for. Its an rpm sensor.

As tony said the hobby wing is a great governor and there really is no reason to use anything else. Unless you really want to.

4. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Spoiler alert, in the SAB Goblin 380 video that is coming out Friday, I talk about that wire briefly and why I'm not using it.

5. D.O.G.

D.O.G. I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter Goblin 380 Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Disable
    When you get her already to fly, will you make a video of the SAB Goblin 380 in action?

6. Tony

Blog Posts:
    You know it!

7. Baz Gascoigne

Baz Gascoigne Member

Blog Posts:
    disabled
    thanks guys so you don't need the rpm sensor great. to the throttle curve when setting up governor mode do i just set all at 50 straight across or is it the pitch be at 0 at all settings on pitch curve is this right

8. D.O.G.

D.O.G. I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter Goblin 380 Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Disable
    Hey Baz. It depends on how you and the heli fly's as one. If I'm correct, URI likes the v curve as my self I like the straight curves. My Gaui X3L is straight 85 on mode 1, straight 95 mode 2. My 450 is straight 83 mode 1, straight 88 mode 2. My 500 is straight 85 on mode 1, straight 90 on mode 2. These are just my example of my settings. Hope this gives you an idea :).

9. murankar

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    V curve is for a non governed head speed. It was something that was started by nitro pilots before governors were introduced. This setup reduces the amount of bog the heli has during hard maneuvers.

If your running a governor (esc based or FBL based) you should be running a flat throttle curve.

10. Baz Gascoigne

Baz Gascoigne Member

Blog Posts:
    disabled
    so on a dx6i what settings do i use on the throttle curve and pitch curve for first setup in governor mode ?

11. Tony

Blog Posts:
  12. murankar

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    Use the manual.

So down and dirty, pitch curve is 0 25 50 75 100.

Throttle is tricky. It depends on which mode you use. I personally suggest gov sto mode. After you set that then unplug and plug in the esc. With the throttle stick at 50% let the heli spool up and sit there for 30 seconds or so. Cut the throttle or hit throttle hold. Unplug and replug in battery and your done.

Your throttle curve will be 60 60 60 60 60, 70 70 70 70 70, 80 80 80 80 80,.... Pick any 2 variations you want and set them to iu 1 and 2. Now your throttle curve number will correlate to a head speed. You may need to tach your head to get that number. A dx6i does not ha e telemetry. So getting your head speed on the radio may not happen.

< Servo Mods | Dell Poweredge 2850 Mod >