450 Alzrc Devil 450 Mainshaft Question

Hi everyone,

I have a question about my alzrc devil 450 kit, specifically the mainshaft. The kit has a shaft with a small tube thingy in the bag (I have no idea what to call it, but it is circled red in the included picture). I can't find this tube anywhere in the manual.

Can someone explain what it does and where it goes? My guess is to mount it on the center black spot and that it functions to keep the head up from the body. Is that a correct assumption?

Also the parts to the left and right differ in length and the hole marked in blue seems a little oval instead of round. Which side goes up?

open

Cheers,
Vincent

Admiral

The item circled in RED is the main shaft collar which goes on to the main shaft over the black part of the shaft, it's purpose once the shaft is installed with the main gear and bottom Jesus bolt in place is to prevent vertical movement in the shaft.

Make sure you install the collar with the narrow end down against the bearing, and use Medium locktite on the grub screw.

The oval hold in the shaft would normally be at the top of the shaft and I think the oval just makes it easier to install the top Jesus bolt securing the head to the shaft.

Tony

Staff member
Keith covered it. All correct. I HIGHLY suggest getting an Align shaft though that has a permanent collar rolled into it. If your kit is like my kit, you will have fitment problems with that main shaft.

Top Bottom