450 ALZRC Devil 450 Maiden Flight Video

Tony

Staff member
Here is the video of the maiden flight. This is an unlisted video since people don't like the whole no sound thing. Figured they wouldn't, but oh well.

Jimbo

You mentioned that a satellite has the tail gain on CH 7, not CH5. My Trex 250, with an iKon and satellite, has a bad tail twitch. I think it is on Ch 5, so should I move it to CH 7?

Jim

Tony

Staff member
NO! Only the 3GX has this screwed up tail gain lol. Every other gyro, no matter what you are running, Rx or Satellite, is on channel 5. The 3GX is the only one that if you are using a standard Rx, it is on channel 5. But if you are using satellites only, then it is on channel 7. I have absolutely no idea why they did this, but they did. You are just find with yours on channel 5 with the Ikon. That is what my Nitro and the Goblin are on as well.

Geena

Staff member
So what was the reason for it flipping so slowly? Did you have the flip rate set too low?

Tony

Staff member
Yup, all of the settings in they gyro are meant to tame down these helicopters. And boy did it. I need to raise the flip rate up to about 80 or so before I decide to do anymore flips lmao. That was the longest and most worrisome flip I have ever done. I just wish it had sound. Those blades sounded awesome when it was inverted with full collective put into it lmao.

Geena

Staff member
LMBO....Yeah, I bet that gave you a grade A pucker...hahaha. Don`t forget to set the roll rates too. :D

Tony

Staff member
Oh trust me, I will. I have done that on a quad. Raised the flip rate, and then tried to roll it lmao. That didn't end well for that quad.

Geena

Staff member
LOL... yeah, that would be a disaster. You want to try some flip and roll rates, you need to fly one of my helicopters. I let one of my local friends fly my X7 a while back, and he didn`t get far. He got it into a hover for about 10 seconds, landed, handed the transmitter back to me and said... "here...this thing is too fast for me". LOL.

Tony

Staff member
Let me get some stick time under me again, and I will fly the crap out of your helicopters lol.

Smoggie

You chould have told us it was deliberate. It looked to all the world like a perfectly executed backward loop, something I've never bad the b@lls to try!

Tony

Staff member
lmao, I didn't have the balls to try either, but holy crap, I pulled it off hahahahaha. But the sound of those blades though lol. Even on a 450, those blades were making some noise, and I have the collective turned down on this thing too. I think I'm only at 10º+- collective pitch. And it took every bit of it to pull out of that lmao. Once I had it back under control, dude, after being away from flying for so long, my whole body was shaking with adrenaline lol.

Lmfao... 3gx gyro on channel 7...
That was the only reason I bought a DX9 as the 550 DFC PRO had a 3gx... although it turned out to be the best investment I made. ( the dx9 that is)

Should imagine it got certain parts of your anotomy twitching when you realised it was gonna be a slow motion large diameter roll lol

Tony

Staff member
DUDE!!! You have NO IDEA!!! It was pointing nose straight up when I realized it was flipping WAY TOO SLOW!! And yes, the sphincter pucker factor was in full force on that one lmao. I was sure the helicopter was going in on that one. Once it went inverted, I punched it with full negative collective to gain some altitude and just barely missed the trees, INVERTED, and was able to roll it back over. Fingers, and whole body for that matter, shaking like a leaf in the wind after that one lmao.

Tony

Staff member
Just do yourself a favor and do NOT try to flip it on very low rotation speed lmao. And if you are looking for cheap, just wait until you see the heli that is in the mail right now. A 450 heli, PNP for $60 shipped! All you have to add is the battery, Rx and tail gyro. Of course I will be doing upgrade videos on this thing. But figured it would be fun to see if I can get a $60 450 in the air without the threat of killing anyone lmao.

ChopDrifter

oh no, i purchased all my stuff already online. If I would of known sooner about this $60 450, I would of got that in a drop of a hat. :( Anyways I better start my build.

Top Bottom