Spektrum ALWAYS Back Up Your TX Files!!!

Tony

Staff member
Every time I look at my 450, I get a little more pissed at myself lol.

Callsign brought over his 130x so that I could do a review of the canopy that Kevin from www.nexrc.com sent to me. Well, Matt also said that I could fly it any time I wanted to. Since he has a DX8, and I have a DX8, it was a simple file swap. Or so I thought.

So we loaded his setup on his SD card and stuck it in my Tx. I imported the model to what I THOUGHT was an empty model, and we were good to go. But guess what, it wasn't an empty model.

For some reason, I was on the model for my Align 450. It completely wiped it off my Tx and put the 130 in it's place.

For this reason, do a COMPLETE backup of your Tx every time you make a change, and save all of those files to your computer. I did this, but now I can't find that backup file. I have no idea where it's located.

Lesson learned... :banghead:

Tony

Staff member
Yup. And I'm way too busy to sit down for an hour and resetup this helicopter... I will get it some day...

Stambo

I think I will go back mine up right now. :)
I haven't done it for a while and I would hate to lose any changes I have made since last time.
I have just set the AXN up and although it wasn't hard I would hate to have to start again.

Marcello

Dang, I hate when that happens! I have backups on my computer but also on a USB stick that I carry in my Tx case just in case. Tony, I'm not too familiar with actual file formats but the files on my DX8 have an ".SPM" extension, couldn't you do a search for that extension on your computer to find those hidden files?

Tony

Staff member
Very good idea to do a back-up. Is it easy to do? I've never done it.

If you have a DX8 or the like, it's very easy to do. You just go into the system settings menu (hold the button on the roller when powering it on) and scroll all the way down to SD Card. In there, you can transfer all models to your card. Then, just save the file on your computer.

Dang, I hate when that happens! I have backups on my computer but also on a USB stick that I carry in my Tx case just in case. Tony, I'm not too familiar with actual file formats but the files on my DX8 have an ".SPM" extension, couldn't you do a search for that extension on your computer to find those hidden files?

I have done that, but no where in there is the Align 450. I just recently got this helicopter back from it's trip across the country. I had sold it to a guy in Indiana, then callsign purchased it, then I got it back lol. I will just sit down one day when I have time and set it up like I really need to do lol.

Welcome to the forum by the way!

Marcello

If you have a DX8 or the like, it's very easy to do. You just go into the system settings menu (hold the button on the roller when powering it on) and scroll all the way down to SD Card. In there, you can transfer all models to your card. Then, just save the file on your computer.

I have done that, but no where in there is the Align 450. I just recently got this helicopter back from it's trip across the country. I had sold it to a guy in Indiana, then callsign purchased it, then I got it back lol. I will just sit down one day when I have time and set it up like I really need to do lol.

Welcome to the forum by the way!

Thanks Tony. Lots of browsing but first time posting. I want to take a moment to say thank you for all of your hard work on RC-Help. As an overwhelmed first year heli guy I've used your site not only for fun but also reference for my 450 build, and to finally understand my DX8, 3GX, etc. You've really helped me cut through the complicated layers of this challenging hobby. Keep up the good work with your videos as well, I love your calm, clear no-nonsense teaching style and good production values. Looking forward to more brain-fillin'!

Tony

Staff member
Thanks bro, that is what this forum is all about. Just finished uploading another video for the little Align 150DFC and editing another one right now. After I'm done with this set of videos, I'm going to try to get back into the 450 and do some more flying with it. Hopefully. And yes, it will be on a 3GX platform.

Marcello

Thanks bro, that is what this forum is all about. Just finished uploading another video for the little Align 150DFC and editing another one right now. After I'm done with this set of videos, I'm going to try to get back into the 450 and do some more flying with it. Hopefully. And yes, it will be on a 3GX platform.

Good luck with the well-travelled 450 Tony. I'm looking forward to the 150 videos. I wanted to move up in micro's from my mCPX v2 and was considering it. I ended up with a used 130X for now (will get it later in the week). I've seen both heli's get their fair share of love and hate so we'll se which camp my 130X will fall into (please let it be LOVE!).

Tony

Staff member
If you click on the Articles tab at the top of the forum, then click on the Align 150 link on the left, you can see the videos that I just uploaded. Or, you should see them in your YouTube feed.

And yup, i have callsign's 130x sitting here in front of me. Really want to take that thing outside, but I pretty much know the ending hahaha. Can't afford that...

Top Bottom