Aluminum Anodizing and dying

wolfman76

Here you go tony this might get you going as soon as i have a place where i will have the room i am going to give it a go...
or try this series anodizing at home
part 1part 2
part 3
i think that is all for that series.. just a couple i found tony..

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Well Graham, I HATE "this" blue that is on it lmao.

I konw what kit I'm going to get if I can come up with the cash. I would love to get into it just so that I can do it to others heli's and planes that want a custom color. But, it's a ways down the road still yet.

Tony

Staff member
Now do you see my problem? hahahahaha. It's definitely an investment to say the least.

wolfman76

true did'nt see that part im sure would be sumthin you could find on ebay though for decent price

Tony

Staff member
If you think about it, I will need something big enough to do up to an 800 size tail boom. So the kit would have to be pretty big. Most parts are very small like the washout arms and such, but tail booms will need the biggest tank. Again, I"m looking into this because I want to do the RCH Heli in a color that no one else has on their heli. Make it a true 1 off heli.

wolfman76

in the caswell videos they are using 20 gallon rubbermaid tubs if those are not big enough then you could probably just increase the size of the tub to the size you need plus it would not be limited to just heli parts some auto parts as well

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Oh you know it. I have a BUNCH of aluminum on my car that I could do this to. I will get into it one of these days, I just don't know when.

wolfman76

i hear you tony i will as soon as i have my own garage to do it in or a big enough suitable place that i can make well ventilated but it says that the caswell kit is safe as far as fumes go it says it is completely green friendly...

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, except for the sulfuric acid that you have to add to it hahaha. the little balls that you see, you are supposed to put them on top of the water in the anodizing tank and it's supposed to help with teh fumes. I think it produces a hydrogen gas or something. Not 100% sure on that one. But, my garage is small and very cold so I will have to find a way to put it in there and get the heaters wired up.

Whirlybird

Guys, you know what this means? Remember the DX6i . . . RC-Help will have a "purple" helicopter :yikes:

"I love you . . . You love me . . ." :lmao:

wolfman76

as far as fumes go in the video and on the caswell site it says that there is not really harmful fumes that it is a diluted enough mixture that makes it safe

Tony

Staff member
I was wrong about the balls. It's not for the anodizing tank, its for a tank on down the line.

Top Bottom