Alternate Smartphone Virtual Keyboard...

RandyDSok

My Dad has had issues typing on his smartphone most of the time... mostly the keys are a little small for him. So I checked into some different options and found one that I'm now going to even use myself. This is for an Android but they have an iPhone option as well...

The keyboard is called Swiftkey. It has 5 different size options, 3 different layouts, a bunch of different themes so you can pic from different color options. You can choose to show the numbers above the keys or not and one of my favorite things are the symbols are shown above the keys so you don't have to hunt for the odd symbol you may not use often. There are also options for vibrate ( or not ) and clicking sounds ( or not ).

Here is a screenshot of it using a theme I sort of like ( so far )...

SwiftKey.jpg

RandyDSok

Looks like the standard keyboard to me...

Perhaps your Android is using a different one than the standard ( for Android 7.x ) Google keyboard ( ie GBoard )... here is the standard GBoard in the dark theme.... ( forgot to switch to caps )

GBoard.jpg

Notice there are no symbols ( grayed out ) above the letters. In addition, the text/word prediction is much better than the Google one is not to mention numerous other options such as resizing the keys ( 5 different sizes and 3 different layouts ). Definitely not the same keyboard.

Top Bottom