Almost forgot...

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Looks good and fly nice Rodney. You must be running some low head-speed by the sound of it.

trainrider06

65/65/65/65/65
75/75/75/75/75
85/85/85/85/85

I have all of em running on that curve
I been meaning to check the head speeds on em, gotta remember to do that!

60 was pretty good for me. I watched an HDCell factory pilot smack this thing around with the stock setup at a flat 70.

Smoggie

bear in mind that a 'flat 70' (or flat anything else) when using a governor isnt the same thing as an ungoverned flat throttle curve. An ungoverned flat throttle curve always means that you get bogging down when you apply collective pitch, if you arent using a governor then really you should have some sort of 'V' shape curve.

Smoggie

If he was using a governor then he wouldn't have any bogging. If it was just an ungoverned flat throttle curve then it would bog when collective pitch load was applied, it doesnt matter how powerful the motor was.

The stock ESC has a governor and if he was a pro level pilot I'd be amazed if he wasn't using it. Did he say if he was using a governor or not?

Last edited:

trainrider06

A lot more comfortable today, yesterday was the same just that first day was so jittery. Today was perfect flying again! All three heli's came and went all together no incidents, just a lot of flights from the 450 Pro, 450L, and 500 Pro 2 packs on the 500, and 3 a peice from the 450's. Was a great day again! Between yesterday and today logged 20 flights! Whoo Hoo! Lol.

Top Bottom