600 All New Align T-rex 650x Dominator

Smoggie

Found this on Align's FB page:
ScreenHunter_55 Mar. 20 07.47.jpg
It looks like a slightly shrunken 700X. Hard to tell for certain with Align's record on naming conventions but I'm assuming it takes up to 650mm blades, so close to the 700X in size. 6S or 12S power. Looks like they kept the TT drive tail, hopefully beefed up from the old 600.

Matt

The best thing to come from Align is the Microbeast. I really admire its ease of setup and stability. It’s really an underestimated FBL system.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Interesting, I wonder about the price. That ESC ant cheap. Every time I say I'm done buying and building these things this happens...lol

murankar

Staff member
The microbeast wasnt made by align. They got permission to use it in their kits. Just like they dont have their own esc either, it's a rebrand hobbywing. Align servos are rebrand savox servos, that's if they still work with savox. If we are lucky align designs and makes their own airframes. I for one am glad they got out of the electronic side of things. They do 2 things well, vacuums and it frames.

Matt

I’m guessing the Microbeast came from Spektrum since the ar7200bx is just about the same thing?

I really like the torque tube tail on the Align kits. I wish more manufacturers would use the torque tube tail for their helis rather than the belt drive.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
The Microbeast is a German design. It has been around since 2009 or so. I bought my first one in 2013, I think it was V3 at the time.

Smoggie

BeastX is a business all of its own, as noted above, based in Germany. Horizon used to licence BeastX technology for use in their AR7200, but that’s no longer the case, they have dropped BeastX and made their own FBL now.

Generally there has been a drift away from TT drives with almost all manufacturers going over to belt. In general belts tend to be tougher, the gears on a TT can be prone to stripping. One of the main weaknesses of the previous Trex 600L was its fragile TT drive gears.
I’m guessing the Microbeast came from Spektrum since the ar7200bx is just about the same thing?

I really like the torque tube tail on the Align kits. I wish more manufacturers would use the torque tube tail for their helis rather than the belt drive.

Top Bottom