Other Alkaline battery advice

bigone5500

I was about to fly my Ares Nanos FP75 for a bit and I decided for some reason to open the battery compartment on my Tx. Very glad I did! There was so much leakage from the cheapo alkalines that it was running out of the bottom of the compartment. I got lucky as it didn't do any damage to the contacts or pcb. The back plate of the controller is connected to the main board via a 2-pin connector. That made it easy to clean. I took the contacts out and soaked them in vinegar. Man did they foam up!

I suppose the moral of this story is don't leave el-cheapo alkalines in your controllers or other electronics for a long time. These batteries haven't been in this Tx for more than a few months, I'd say probably around 2. I would have taken photos but I was more worried about getting it out of there Pronto! (spanish lesson @Tony )

From now on, I plan on removing batteries from my stuff if I don't think I'll use it within the month if not sooner. Here is the brand that was in there. You can still see the leakage on the outside.

20170818_210914.jpg

RandyDSok

This has always been a problem with standard AA batteries including the alkalines ... even the "good names" do it.

bigone5500

I've not had 'name brand' alkalines leak so soon as these did. I have gadgets that have had the batteries left in them for way longer. I'm just figuring it's due to lower quality chemicals.

Geena

Staff member
Even if you are using high quality alkaline batteries, it`s a good idea to remove them when you are not going to use the transmitter for a while.

Top Bottom