700 Align Trex 800 Motor.

AlwaysDave

I need to improve the Motor on the Trex 800, the one on it is a 'Super Power RCM-BL750MX 450KV J1221'.
It has two 12000 mAh batteries and I'm using two GoPro Hero3's with bracket's, so there's some weight there.

Smoggie

The newer Trex 800's come with the BL850MX 490Kv motor which is a lot bigger and more powerful, so that would be the obvious choice (or other brand motors of similar size and Kv to the BL850MX)

You seem to be carrying some vastly oversize batteries there, so probably the biggest issue is being overweight... No?

AlwaysDave

Thank you for your good advise. I did use a 22000 mAh battery but, the Heli needs 44.4 volts for best rpm. The only time I notice the lack of power is when it's windy and the Heli is fighting against the wind. When playing back the video coverage I can here the load on the Motor.

Smoggie

The heli is intended for 6s 5000 -5500mAh batteries... so yours are way oversize. I'm amazed you can even fit them in?

AlwaysDave

The two Gens Ace TATTU 12000 mAh 6S 15C batteries go in without a problem but, the big TATTU 22000 mAh 6S battery I used a sanding disc to erase the battery rail both side's, this was a tight fit. I get about 20 minuets flying time.

Top Bottom