General Align Trex 600 efl

jacob1103

Hello, this is my first time on this forum. First I would just like to say how much this forum has helped me over the last week while building my trex 600 efl. I stumbled across this forum while searching for information on how to set up the 3gx, ar 8000 spectrum receiver, and dx8 radio. I have just added a tm 1000 telemetry receiver to my setup. I have the AR 8000 receiver with one satellite receiver and the tm 1000 all binded to my radio with the Align 3gx and the stock align external bec all wired in to the AR 8000 receiver as per manual. I am using a 1600 mah 2s (7.4v) lipo to power my bec . This is my problem, power coming out of the bec and going to the 3gx, AR 8000 Rx w/ satellite receiver ,and tm 1000 is only showing 6v which may be normal because of the (power out) on aligns bec. The Rx telemetry reading on my dx8 is only showing 5.7 v. But my lipo is fully charged at 8.1 volt. is there another way I can wire this setup so that my dx8 will read the actual voltage of my Rx lipo pack ? The way I have it set up I do not get an accurate rx battery reading to my dx8. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks ,Tony

Tony

Staff member
Went ahead and moved this into the beginner help section since we don't allow tech questions in the member introduction area.

There are two ways you can get a reading on the telemetry. First is just hook it up, the power going into your telemetry module is your Rx voltage. The reason your voltage is lower than the pack voltage is because of the BEC. This is normal. If you want to read your actual pack voltage, either your Rx pack, or your main battery, you will need to use the red and black wires that came with the telemetry module and solder them to the wires that the battery plugs in. This could be the input to the BEC, or it could be the input to the ESC. Either way, that will give you a battery voltage. Just make sure to plug that wire into the correct port on the telemetry module.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom