600 Align Trex 550L Dominator Super Combo

bbj

I was on the fence about which to make as my next heli and was originally thinking of the Trex 600 or move way up to the 700 but upon further investigation decided on this new 550L Dominator Super Combo. Besides I couldn't pass up this deal of 10% off during Feb 13-15 at HeliDirect and it included a free battery. This model should be really nice with these new BL915H & BL855H servos, a nice jump up from what I have on my 500Pro. What I like is its a larger heli but still allows me to use a single battery which will keep the cost down instead of using a double battery pack. I will post pics of its build and already found some build youtube videos which will help.

The only thing I will change from the kit is the GPRO and instead will be using the iKON1001 flybarless with polarity protection. What intrigued me about this unit was the Auto Level Technology it has. At the flick of a tx switch I should be able to bail out of a problem to a right side up flight position. At least I hope it works as good as I have read about it.

Part 1 Align Trex 550L Part 1 Session 1 of 3 - YouTube
Part 2 Trex 550L Build Part 1 Session 2 of 3 - YouTube
Part 3 550L Build Part 1 Session 3 of 3 - YouTube
Electronics Install Align Trex 550L Electronics Installation - YouTube

I love using build videos if I can find them and just wanted to share what I found on the web. Just can't wait for this package to arrive. Wish me luck.

Lillyryan

Oh that's so cool. I bet you can't wait. A pal of mine has one and he says it's the best Heli he has ever had.

If it won't fly put a bigger engine on it!!!

bbj

I sure will and also will post how the build went. I just saw my order has been sent today thus should see it by wed or thurs. I also am building a heli test/setup stand which will allow me to actually fly it inside on the stand to fine tune things like gyro, tail, blade tracking, etc. and practice flying in-house during the winter. I will be posting the stand shortly in the projects area.

Top Bottom