450 Align TREX 450 PLUS

Tony

Staff member
Yes it is possible. You will need to purchase a new head to make it work, and you may need to redrill some holes depending on what head you get. If the mainshaft has the slide collar, it will be easier.

I'm sure someone here knows what head works best, but on my helicopter like this, I kept it flybar because I like the way it fly's.

Admiral

Yes, all of the FBL parts are compatible, you need a FBL head and possibly main shaft and a FBL Gyro. There are two types of FBL head (118mm shaft) the standard and the DFC (Direct Flight Control) (112mm shaft) I recommend the standard head with the washout arms so you need the 118mm shaft PN H45022A.

Gyro is your choice, all of the better known brands work well.

Blade93

Hi Admiral, thanks for your input on this. Could you possibly supply me some links to these parts? thank you

Blade 400

Hi Admiral, thanks for your input on this. Could you possibly supply me some links to these parts? thank you
I got a joblot of Align Trex 450 parts on e-bay recently, I`m sure I`ve seen complete FBL rotorheads on there and other parts - good luck :thumbsup:

Tarot heads have a 3-point locking system. I have this head but the DFC version. This is a flybarless one TAROT 450 FBL SYSTEM MAIN ROTOR SET TL45110-07 - FLYING MODEL AIRPLANE
hey dog..i just noticed summin..the dfc heads sit lower than the standard fbl head..but ive noticed on other models...like the dominator ..that the head sits even lower than what mine does...or it appears to anyways...did the dominator have an even shorter main shaft than the other dfc models?...also...im on the hunt for one of those dfc heads..nychance youd consider partin with it?

Last edited:

buel williams

hey blade93 I have a 450 dfc plus heli with motor and esc and many new spare parts main shafts,main gears,auto roate gears tait booms ect. I have molth balled it, in to bigger birds, If you are intrusted let me know

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
There you go illhillbilly78. If you have the $$$$ and Blade93 isn't interested in buel offer then jump on that deal. Just a thought.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
hey blade93 I have a 450 dfc plus heli with motor and esc and many new spare parts main shafts,main gears,auto roate gears tait booms ect. I have molth balled it, in to bigger birds, If you are intrusted let me know
Here you go. buel williams post :).

ahhh..okay...i seen that...but there was no mention of any price...and im not really tryin ta get another complete heli..was just needin a rotor head .

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm sorry then. I'm unable to help you out. The best thing is to buy brand new or replace the 2 rubber garment on the inside of the rotor head. That will help since they can loose it's stiffness.

Top Bottom