Micro Align Trex 150x

Matt

I went and spent another $300 on an Align Trex 150x. I ordered it from AMain Hobbies - Shop a huge selection of Toy RC Cars, Planes, Helicopters and more!. It took 3 days to get to me because I paid additional for priority shipping. I’ve already got the GRS app on my iPhone. I’m doing a lot of overtime and some double time so money is not an issue for me right now. In my opinion there is no right or wrong answer. I’ve got about 8 helis. In my opinion I can’t have enough helis. They each fly a little differently. I can’t wait to fly this one. This one somewhat makes up for my missing Oxy 2 and I’m not going to make the same mistake I made with my Oxy 2.

Last edited:

Matt

Alan Szabo Jr. is really good. He's one of the first pilots I watched when I was getting into this 10 years ago.

Matt

The 3rd battery on this I crashed it. I need a new DFC link and the motor pinion flew off. I ordered some parts and should be up and flying soon.

Smoggie

The 3rd battery on this I crashed it. I need a new DFC link and the motor pinion flew off. I ordered some parts and should be up and flying soon.

Pretty much my experience with various micro CP helis over the years (including a Trex 150). I've literally gone years without a crash on any big heli. With micros on the other hand I'm lucky to ever take them home in one piece. Working on them is also fiddly and frustrating. They inevitable take up a lot more of my workbench time and actually cost more to maintain than the big ones. How anyone can recommend a CP micro to a beginner I'll never understand, a sure-fire way to put someone off the hobby for life IMHO:rolleyes:

I recently dipped my toe into the micro world again as something to mess with in the garden during Lockdown. I tried to keep it cheap so went for a XK K130. For the price it's a very nice heli and in stability mode it's reasonably easy to fly. In acro mode it's a real handful though and need lightening fast reflexes. The inevitable happened on about the 5th flight which meant new servo gears, tail boom and main gear. It's flying again now but each flight I've had has had a number of 'near misses' so I'm sure it wont be long before it's in pieces again.

Anyway, good luck with your Trex 150, you might have better luck than me, maybe my reactions and skills are just not up to the micro challenge.

Matt

Many thanks to you guys.. I’ve progressed so much further since joining rc-help.com

I do agree NOW that the bigger ones are easier to fly.. I compared my Blade 230s V2 to my Trex 150x and the 230s V2 was a lot easier to fly..

Just, for me, the big ones have a “fear” factor associated with them, but I think I’m over that now..

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Yes they do but if you get over it then you will have more fun. If you can get to a 500 or 550 then you'll be able to learn 99% of everything you can do. The visual is a lot nicer too.

Top Bottom