Micro Align trex 100x grinding noise

EastR84

Hi All, I'm 15-20 flights into my Align Trex 100x and have a noise issue around the rotor that bothers me. On takeoff, the heli automatically does a right stick movement until the heli is up to a certain speed and off the ground. While doing this, I get a thumping noise almost as if there is more contact or resistance in a repeating noise. The noise disappears after takeoff, but then returns from any large right stick movement. Any ideas where this is coming from? I have disassembled the main rotor, applied oil at all moving parts, tried removing the canopy, but cannot find the contact point or where the noise starts from. Any help would be much appreciated.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
a servo jitter may be? I am thinking that a servo is stripped / if these are linear servos.. needs cleaning..

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I saw the bird's insides and the servos are not linear. Have a sound file or a video preferably? That'll help :)

EastR84

Sure. Don't know how well the microphone works, but here's spin up and down.

Last edited by a moderator:

EastR84

I will re-record just the audio tonight -- didn't realize the iPhone microphone is so far on the side of the device.

Tony

Staff member
I heard one click in that whole video. Not sure what is going on.

I would take the bird apart and check every bearing on it. The main blocks, the swash, everything. Then check the servos. Make sure to check every tooth on the main gear and pinion as well. Hope this helps.

zenmetsu

I heard one click that whole video. Not sure what is going on.

I would take the phone apart and check every component in it. The microphone, the central processor, everything. Then check the mute button. Make sure to check every sound option in the camera app. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom