General Align T6 beginner settings

Karubah

Pheonix turned up today and I cant get the elevater aileron control stick to work when setting up tansmitter (Align T6). Does anyone know how to fix this? Help!!

Tony

Staff member
You will need to click on system, and then setup a new controller. It will have to be a custom controller since the T6 is not in there that I could find. Pretty much, you will need to remap your sticks so that it works with it. That is, if it can work with it. I have never tried it so can't say for sure if it will work. the sim was made to work with Spektrum/JR Tx's.

Karubah

Thanks Tony I have tried that. I still only get one stick working I also thought that the T6 was a rebadged futaba? cheers

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure about that. I think it uses the same frequency as Futaba, but I'm not clear on if it's a clone of the futaba. When I see "T6" in any transmitter, all I think of is the T6config which is used on the REALLY cheap Tx's that dont' work worth a crap. I surely hope the Align T6 is not of the same quality.

Karubah

Yay!! Got it working. Went into advanced set up in adding transmitter. I dont think its a clone came with the Align 450 Pro RTF..No wonder everyone is saying practice on a sim first..lol. Thanks and cheers.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, the sim will get your fingers used to controlling the heli. It will take time, and whatever you do, DON'T TREAT IT LIKE A GAME! I have found myself doing that, and it has cost me by putting some bad tendencies in my head thinking I can do them in real life lmao.

Tony

Staff member
If that is true, then I'm getting rid of the 600 and going with another company. I will not support any company that is making clones of other 'original' items from other manufacturers. why do I see a SAB in my future...

Slobberdog

It's one of the entry level tx, can't really comment any further but I chose the dx6i over it. Not a clone Tony as far as I am aware just a rebadge job. Have a look at the align video for the 450 plus rtf and see what you think. The 6 ex tx was what I was comparing to the dx but did not have sub trim options that's why I went for dx, only slight diffs between t6 and ex biggest being frequency type I think.

stokke

My friend has the Futaba (Align) T6. It's an OK transmitter - but I would classify it as a cheapo plastic controller. Perfectly fine for beginners - but you def want to upgrade to something a bit more fancy later on.

I did fly with it, and it felt just fine. A bit hard movement on the gimbals though. Also, the menus does suck - but you get what you pay for (no disrespect).

Karubah

You are absolutely right about the menu. A proper devil to try and set up. The gimbals are a bit sticky to move, but might change with use. Will keep on using it until I get the hang of this flying game. cheers for the comments.

Top Bottom