600 Align t rex servo

pj1969

I've just bought a Trex 600 of a pal in kit form. It has futaba cyclic servo and i got an Align d510 digital for the tail servo, but its phisically to small for the mount. I need a servo 40mm in length, can anybody recommend one that will fit spot on and not break the bank. I believe it has to be digital, but i'm not 10% sure. I'm using dx6i and spektrum rx.

Slobberdog

I recon you need to be looking for something like the Align ds620 or for a bit more the ds655m

Look on Align-trex.co.uk good service good prices

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
ds 510 is way too small and underpowered for that bird.

The cyclic servos are supposed to be "Standard size" .. ( thats a servo size standard) .. and in align language.. it would be DS610 or DS615 .. other companies have other model numbers..

For tail .. again.. Standard servo size.. and it should be DS620 or DS625 or DS650 or DS655 for align. more powerful to handle the forces on the tail and VERY fast.. :)

Tony

Staff member
For the tail, I highly suggest the Align DS655. It's an amazing servo and with a good gyro, is rock solid. If you are going ot spend money anywhere on the heli, do it on the tail. the lowest I would go is the DS620. But if you can pony up a bit more, get the 655. Don't even think about the 650 as they are slower, weaker and more expensive than the 655 is.

Westy

LEGEND
I run the DS655 on my Trex 600 ESP ...... it is a Sweet ride .... never blown out (touch wood) .... I put a new set of gears in it when I got it as the heli was second hand, so I had no idea ... and better to be safe than sorry! ..... Never missed a beat ...and I have over 250 flights on it!..... even when the heli lost its RX battery power and came in hot tail first.... it still held together. If it were me ... I would spend hte extra few bucks and get it!!!! .... but hey its your Dough! :)

Slobberdog

its not that much more expensive really

Ds620 is £40 or $60
Ds655 is £44 or $66 ish

its really a no brainer.........

pj1969

Thanks guys, i'm gona get the DS620 to go with my GP780. being new to all this, its still kinda confusing about the different servo's etc. Thank god for this site and you tube lol Much appreciated chaps.

Slobberdog

Like I said above align-trex.co.uk I think the 655 is £44 they are competitive and if you order early enough you will get it next day and not get stung on postage.

Top Bottom