450 Align T-Rex 450l need help

Ni_2016

Hi all

Just wondering if someone could help me I'm setting up my align T-Rex 450l dominator 6s following the manual

Rotor blades are set -+ 11 degrees
I have used aligns manual for setting throttle pitch and curve to 40-65-85-100 in tx

I only want to do basic flying and hovering not interested in 3d flying I'm confused as I've been reading my settings are too high or wrong are they?

I'm a beginner to RC helicopters this is my first
Setup is
Dx6i + 1 dsmx satelite
Align T-Rex 450l 6s
Gpro flybarless

Tony

Staff member
If it feels comfortable to you, then it is correct. IMO, I would set it up with a linear pitch curve (0 25 50 75 100) and also use that curve for your IU1. Then, on IU0 (normal mode) use a pitch curve of 46 48 50 75 100. The reason for this is to keep from having full negative pitch. You never know when you start flying if you are ever going to slam the throttle down in a panic. Using that curve will limit normal mode to about -2º of pitch. Just enough to hold it on the ground when you land if you were flying in some wind. Hope this helps.

And don't forget to set some dual rates (70) and Expo (+35%). It will tame that heli down quite a bit.

Ni_2016

Thank you Tony and trainrider06 for helping

what do you mean by IUO,IU1? How to set dual rates and expo?

To be honest as its my first heli I don't know if I'm comfortable flying with -+11 pitch setting as reading higher the pitch more skill is required in flying? As I'm a beginner can you recommend me settings for a beginner as it's my first heli as I said 3d aerobatics flying I'm not interested in

Thank you very much for your help :)

trainrider06

Ni you may be better off putting that heli on the shelf, and getting yourself a cheap fixed pitch heli to train on and begin the learning process of the radio, and heli.
I'm trying to save you a lot of headache, money, and being possibly injured is why I say this. The Dominator is a very powerful heli, and if you let it get away from you it's going to hurt anyone it comes into contact with....not to mention hurt your wallet.
Please don't be offended, just think you'll enjoy the hobby more if you'll take it a bit slower.

DR&EXPO adjustments are in your radio menu.
By following Tony's instructions on pitch settings this tames the pitch down some.

Ni_2016

Thank you for your advise I do understand I've flown a 4 channel heli before but this dominator is my first owning one, I've got plenty of private land to fly so it will be flown away from the public only me and my wife here. Just watched a video on YouTube about dual rate and expo I understand what it does

- - - Updated - - -

I did not know the 450l dominator is powerful my wife did want me to get the align trex 800 but first let's get the 450l hovering and flying lol

Thank you for your advise and help :)

trainrider06

Haha yeah the 800 might have been a bit much! :)
Well we'll all try and help as much as possible, just be super careful with it!
It's not to say you can't learn with such a heli but your learning curve will be hard and steep! Then again maybe not, you may pick it right up! Just understand I wasn't trying to knock you or make you feel bad, I just hate when someone nnew to heli's tries it, gets frustrated and gives it up. It's really kinda a good feeling too once you learn and go to a field, fly your heli, and some guys are out there flying planes, and come up start talking about em, and say, "yeah I tried heli's but just couldn't fly em".....but you do! :)
Just be careful! Take it slow. And ask questions!!!!! :)

Ni_2016

It's cool I understand and appreciate your advise :) help would be very greatful I've learnt a bit about the heli in the weeks owning it but have still not tested it in the field yet I've rechecked measured servo arms pitch on blades setup the gpro it's all fun and learning yes I've been frustrated many times and understand I will at some point crash it etc and it will cost but that's normal in the rc heli world :)

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Ni, trainrider06 is absolutely right what he said :secret2: It's frustrating in the beginning but with the help from these guys and a little patience from you, It's rewarding at the end knowing that you can do it :arms:. Diffidently :respekt: theses motorize machine. There not TOYS. No matter what size heli you fly, they all can be and will be dangerous flying projectile . Becareful, Take your time Learning and once you get the hang of it, enjoy the wonderful world of flying Ni :hump: Good Luck :biggrin1:

Ni_2016

Thank you all that's replying much appreciated :) I am aware these helicopters are powerful and dangerous that's why I am taking my time and learning day by day and now I've joined such a great forum with experts to help me I should be able to fly soon

Ni_2016

Think i have a problem

Tail gyro settings according to the manual if i've set it up wright on the Tx the flap/gyro switch is set to 0 the gpro status light is red meaning its in Non-head lock my heli tail and servo horn should be as shown in picture below Tail neutral settings, should i have movement on the tail when i push the rudder stick left/right on Tx ? i'm getting about 1mm movement left/right on the tail when pushing the left/right rudder stick on the Tx is that normal operation ?

Head lock direction setting of gyro(gpro)
push down on the tx flap/gyro switch to 1 the gpro status light turns to green meaning its in head lock
this allows me to move the rudder tail left/right using tx but i think i have a problem i have noticed from what it shows in the picture below head lock direction setting of the gyro its saying move the tail counterclockwise and the servo horn will be trimmed clockwise
to test it out i placed the heli on the floor and turned the heli counterclockwise and watched the servo horn but the servo horn is moving counterclockwise same direction as the heli tail this is not correct ? if i go into tx setuplist-reverse and set gyro to reverse the rudder and servo horn moves clockwise same

I have set the gain/gyro to 70% in Tx mode 1 (green light on gpro Head lock) mode 2 (red light on gpro Non-head lock ) is set to 50% by default

rudder-gpro.jpg

rudder-gpro.jpg

The best thing you can do ,is go through all Tony's 3Gx videos and 450 dominator build videos on this site. I'm constantly going over them when I have an issue or just want to check out something. Like now, I was looking for answers on an issue with the 3Gx gyro. I found what I hope was the answer, bad update. Even read through other 450l posts, a lot of issues stopped by reading other peoples problems Good luck

Top Bottom