ESC Align RCE-BL100A Esc default settings

rappers

Hi Guys,

I am now building an Align Trex550L Dominator, my largest bird to date. The kit came with the Align RCE-BL100A esc included.
I have a few questions that someone may be able to help me with.

1) Can I fly with this esc straight out of the box using just the default settings?
I am using the AR7210BX rx/gyro & the BL815/855 servos.

2) Does anybody know what the default setting is for the BEC voltage. This figure is not specified in the manual!

3) Is the ASBOX the only way to program this esc?

Thanks
Rappers

Tony

Staff member
According to the manual in the chinese (or whatever language), the factory BEC setting is 6.0vDC. The image below shows where I got that figure. If you compare it to the text in the page before, it's exactly the same, but it actually gives a value.

Untitled.png

I have seen nowhere that you can program it without the program box. But according to the default values I have found, you should be fine in using it out of the box.

Untitled.png

murankar

Staff member
If this is one of the newest kits then it had a re-branded hobby wing in it. Which means you can use the hobbywing program box.

Second it is programmable through stick programming

3rd I believe that is a low voltage esc. Basically it maxs out on 6s. 6s on a 550 will work but you may not get a very long life span on your packs. Now this will also depend on flying style and how well you maintain your packs.

murankar

Staff member
For the money it's well worth the cost for the program box. It not only programs all of the hobby wing platinum escs but it also has a battery checker built in. For some it's not a big deal. For others it is. Again if that is a re-branded hobbywing then all the defaults will work out of the box.

Smoggie

I have the larger 130A HV version in my trex 700X, default settings are ok, BEC voltage was set to 7.4V by default. As standard it will most likely come with 'Governor ELF' enabled, I always change this to 'Governor Store' so it doesn't have to calibrate on each spoolup but that's not essential.

FWIW the Trex 550L is set up for 6S. It cant take 12S batteries, they don't fit in the frame. 6S is fine to be honest.

Last edited:

rappers

Thx Guys for your responses.

Special thx Tony, BEC default is 6V. I didn't think to look in the Chinese stuff, my eyes just glazed over those bits!

So my Align ESC is really a re-branded HobbyWing part. hmm!

Tony

Staff member
It 'could be' a rebranded hobbywing, but take that with a grain of salt as you never know what Align is doing now days lol. I would hate for you to purchase a hobbywing program box, and it not work.

As for the chinese, when it says "Default Value: " and doesn't post anything, I start looking at everything. I don't read chinese, hell I can barely read english lmao, but it looks right lmao. Another way to do it is to put a volt meter on the red and black wires that plug into the ESC. That will be definitive.

Smoggie

It definitely is a hobbying ESC. Align have two re-labelled hobbywing ESC's in their new helis, the 100A one that comes with the 550L and the 130A HV that comes with the 700X.. I programmed one of the 130A versions with a Hobbywing 3 in 1 box last week and installed the latest hobbywing firmware update! They are top notch ESC's

If you get the Hobbywing programming box make sure to get the new '3 in 1' version, not the older '2 in 1'

My 130A was default set to 7.4V which is correct for the HV servos supplied with the 700X (or the 550L) but i cant say for certain what the default for the 100A is set to. The servos will work at 6V but they will perform better at 7.4 or 8V.

murankar

Staff member
Yes Tony align is working with hobbywing now for the escs. Like smoogie said the 550 and 700.

I believe align started this in mid summer, July time frame.

Ken Jackson

Yes Tony align is working with hobbywing now for the escs. Like smoogie said the 550 and 700.

I believe align started this in mid summer, July time frame.

Hey Mathias,

How have you been?

I know this is an old post but I just bought the RCE BCL 100A. Out of the box it takes off flies for about a minute then powers down. Then just sits beeping 3 beeps then repeating 3 beeps. I know it's set up for Governor ELF. I would think however if it has no RPM telemetry it should just ignore that and fly. My first thought was it's not liking my 500 motor. 1600 Dominator. Both are rated for the 500 but the 1600 typically comes with the smaller 70A esc. In my mind the larger ESC shouldn't be a problem it just won't have to work as hard.

Am I OK using the larger one?

I have never used governor mode before. I have somewhere in my collection of parts a telemetry module, but wasn't going to dig it out. I'm leaving for florida in a couple of days or I would have ordered the programmer. Just don't want it sitting on my porch for a week.

Could you in simple terms explain why the governor mode is better??

Or any other information you think might be useful. This is my same 500 I've had for years, first Align motor and ESC.

DSCN0063.JPG

DSCN0064.JPG

Top Bottom