450 Align parts will it work?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hello everyone. Will Align servos, DS415M, DS425M with Scorpion V-3 45amp esc work on my walkera v450do1. Still looking for a good combo of servos and esc. Should of bought Align heli but I'm still learning. Already changed out Head system to Align. Much better than walkera. I hope that Align combo works. Can use some info from the group.
Thanks!

Tony

Staff member
If they are 9g size, then there is no reason why they shouldn't work. But, with what you are about to spend, and have spent, why not put that money towards a Super Combo and call it done? If you do that, then you know you will have a great helicopter to fly and what will work on it. Use this do1 for practice, and the Align for your "Smack" heli.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I like that idea Mr.Tony. What would you recommend for the 450 class. Trying to convert do1 to Align is getting expensive. Appreciate your advice and knowledge.

Tony

Staff member
If your good at flying ccpm helicopter, then yes, the Align 450 DFC 3GX Super Combo is a GREAT option. If you are still learning, then look into the Align sport with a flybar head. But with that said, if you want to build into the future, the DFC is the way to go.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Can i use my Transmitter & receiver "DO1" with the T-Rex 450 plus DFC BTF. I live on a disability check and trust me it's not living it's surviving. Trying to find cheap way to have fun, if the TX/RX will not work then i will save my pennies and purchases the Align 450 DFC 3GX super combo. I do like the FBL helis better. Sorry everyone for not being educated and asking dumb question. Don't have much of a life but flying makes me forget the things that i use to do, Adrenalin fun.

Tony

Staff member
There is NEVER a dumb question bud, we are here to help no matter what.

I don't know if I would trust that helicopter on that Tx/Rx combo. I highly suggest that you use at least a 7 channel Tx so that you don't have to run the 3GX AND a Rx. With 7ch or more, you cna run only satellite Rx's as you see in my 450 build videos. But, if you do run your current 6ch Tx, then you will have to use your Rx, And the wires they will include with the gyro.

No matter what way you decide to go, we will be here to help. IMO, you should get a DX7s or a DX8, but you can use a DX6i, you will just need to run the Rx from the Tx as well as the gyro.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks for your time everyone. My TX is 8 CH. Will that make any difference or just spinning wheels on this end. If this all just a head ache I'll plan on buying a new heli. The do1 will be fine for the time being till i save up for a real heli.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Mr.Slobberdog I'm using TX" Walkera 2801 PRO" with RX" 2702v" sorry no pics. Been looking at web sites to find a happy medium with Align 450 helis. De situation, De situation?

DAL2855

Banned
D.O.G. you can get the Turnigy 9x from Hobbyking for around 50.00 shipped! I have one and love it! I will soon be upgrading to a DX8 so mine could be for sale soon, dunno yet. If my ex-wife and I end up getting back together though, it probably won't end up being for sale, she is talking like she wants to also get into the hobby with me. So we'll see! But I do recommend the Turnigy 9x radio! Excellent for a low budget flyer!

Tony

Staff member
Your Tx now may be an 8ch, and the Turnigy may be a 9ch, but both of them 1. I would not trust with a $500 helicopter and 2. you will still have to run your Rx plus the 3GX with all of the wires. The only ones that you can use directly with teh 3GX is Spektrum 7+ channel and only use satellite Rx's. You can use Futaba with the S-Bus, but again, you will have to use the Futaba Rx still though. Spektrum or JR are what I will suggest. If you get JR, make sure they are DSM2 or DSMX, the DMSS will NOT work with the 3GX if you only use satellites. It will work with the stock Rx. Hope this didn't confuse you too much lol.

murankar

Staff member
If you choose to go with the TH9X I would go with the frsky module and RX.
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=14349

I have this On my TH9X and should be a direct fit, if not then it is a real slight mod with a dremmal. It has telemetry as long as you get the $20 screen and the range on this combo is more than enough for a 450 heli. The RX has to antennas for full diversity. Anyhow I think you would like that combo.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
No, I'm not confused, just lost! Not really LOL. Thank you for your time Mr.Tony and the group. I will take all this great info. and do some thinking on which way to go. Got to the first of the month to decide. You learn a lot just by reading RC Group comments and suggestion. Keep up the good work everyone! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks murankar for your 411. I will check out the combo you suggested. Got a few weeks before i make destitution. Thanks again.
D.O.G.

murankar

Staff member
So far it's not to bad. It's by no means a Specktrum or Jr but it gets the job done.

I have done one of the biggest gutsy things ever with my Protos, I flew it with a ct6b. Hey it was all I had and it worked till I sheared my main gear bolt.

Top Bottom