General Align Heli 450 Pro

RichardC

Good morning everyone I am new to the forum and need some help / advice. I am building a Align T Rex 450 Helicopter and am at the stage of figuring out which speed control and Battery would be best for this project The motor I am using is a Scorpion HK 2221-6. Any ideas on what brand and or amp speed control to use ? I will also be using Digital servos and do not know about the amps involved. If anyone has any ideas on which way to go please Help. Thanks to all.

murankar

Staff member
On my EXI I run the scorpion hkII 2221-8 which I believe is 3590 kV. I also paired it with a 2200 25c 3s gens ace pack and the scorpion commander 45amp ESC. This system works just fine. According to customer service at a main hobbies this ESC was made for this motor and can handle peak amps that are higher than the rated spec.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm using Turbo Ace "3950 kv" with YEP 45 amp" That Mr. Tony recommended, good choice i might say." That set up seem to work for me. I'm also new to RC heli action. The RC Help gang give great advice if you go through the forum. I'm learning a lot! Thanks everyone! :)

D.O.G.

Slobberdog

As I said in your other thread the 2221-6 is a higher power motor than the 2221-8, that's why it's recommended you go for a higher amp esc it draws a max continuous of 52amps so you need a big esc for a 450 heli to use that motor, you will be better off getting the 450mx align motor and bl35 esc

Top Bottom