FBL Gyro align gpro governor setting

heidelberg

Hello everyone i am an align gpro user and I am lost after the governor setup on the computer. My question is, after I set the minimum and maximum level on the computer what will be the next step? the sensor senses the magnet and registered green light on the computer when I turned the fan on the Os 50 engine. I am also using JR xg8 where do I go from here? where should I set the rpm in the governor? transmitter or on the computer? could not find any answer in the manual and web. I am not using a separate governor just the.governor sensor.that came.with.the trex.600 and plug it straight to the gpro GOV port. Thanks in advanced.

Tony

Staff member
You need to set your rpm for a given throttle percentage in the program and set your throttle curves. The one thing to remember is to not overthink it.

murankar

Staff member
I know on castle ESCs you tell the governor what three head speeds you want and it will tell you how to set the curves in the radio. typically it will be at 2 or 3 different percentages; i.e. 30% 60% 100%. Once your radio is setup and the governor is setup all you need to doo is fly. What the governor needs to see is what throttle input is being requested by the radio and sets itself to that. So if you in normal mode with a throttle of 30% flat curve then thats what the governor sees and thats what it puts out to the motor. I hope i didnt confuse you.

heidelberg

Thank you for that great info. On gpro it also has that screen on the pc interface that shows rpm head speed/ motor rpm but it doesn't tell you if it is working correctly. On my radio JR XG8 it has 3 settings as well normal 30% idle up1 70% and lastly idle up 2 at 80 at 80% rpm according to manual.

Tony

Staff member
This gyro is going to destroy your helicopter (after reading your other post). If you want to save your $1000 helicopter, purchase a $200 Ikon gyro. The nitro governor setup is way easier and MUCH better, and the gyro will NOT tip your helicopter over. How do I know? I have an Align 600 Nitro DFC with an Ikon. I started out with the 3GX on the 600 and quickly found out it was not the gyro for this helicopter.

Here is the last "attempted" flight with the 3GX on my 600N. This was after HOURS of tuning on the gyro!!!
RCH Heli Maiden After Rebuild - YouTube

heidelberg

actually Tony I got this 1month old heli from a friend it comes with an ikon FBL before I bought this we test flew it and it was great, bit then I have a brand new gpro from another kit so I thought it would be better I'll use it so that all my heli runs on one system th "gpro" all my other heli in the past runs ok with gpro.. so when I changed from ikon to gpro then that's what happened. I am still hoping that it is not the gpro. the ikon was sold to another guy. ill post a video of what the servo movements durin spool up. Thanks Tony.

- - - Updated - - -

I just watched your video Tony and yes that is exactly what happens on my heli. viewing from the tail it tilts towards the right and forward.So ditch the gpro?

Tony

Staff member
IMO, that is exactly what I would do. As I stated, that video you watched (which was a private video for those that put in to purchase and build that helicopter) was the very last flight with an Align gyro on that helicopter. I did try to do more work on other helicopters, but was unsuccessful in getting them locked in reliably. One day they would be great, next day it was tipping over, striking blades on the ground or had such a bad tail kick that you lost control in teh air and crashed.

I will never run another Align gyro on any of my birds. Well, I have the Align GP780 on my Align SE V2, but it's a flybar heli and only has a tail gyro with an Align DS520 tail servo. And those gyros just work. 3 axis gyros from Align however, I would find any and every way to get rid of them and get either BX or Ikon. This is just me speaking, but it's exactly what I would do.

heidelberg

Hi Tony I'm back with a good news My 600N flies with Gpro. The culprit on vibration and swash tiliting is the Fan Motor mount. To remove doubts from my head I disassembled the body and checked piece by piece and found that the mount is partially bent on one side. Also, the hex screw attached is not the original. I know for a fact that it has a 1 crash history. That gives me the idea to dig deeper and check internal parts. After replacement of the mount the entire heli keeps still no vibrations, no tilting and flies. Now I am looking for a solution to run the governor.of gpro up to this date!! the governor doesn't run. I think JR XG8 is not compatible with gpro. Ive seen flyers with Dx7 that can program governor to run using gpro. There is no information or possibly no one uses JR and Gpro together that worked that's why nobody post this type of setup. Thanks to all of you. At least now it flies..I could not post a pic or video because I dont know how to!!!!. I dont see an option here in my phone to attach a pic or video. :(

Tony

Staff member
If you click on the "RCH How-To" tab at the top of the forum, there are some videos in there that can help you out in posting pictures as well as other things.

And congrats on finding that issue! While I was reading, I was thinking you lost a magnet in the fan or something.

The governor on the GPro should be just like the 3GX. You will need the sensor and you will need to set your head speeds. Then, you use the channel assigned to your governor (7 I think) to adjust the governor so it knows to kick in. I have a video on the 3GX governor setup somewhere lmao.

Top Bottom