Spektrum Align DS615 servo glitch

yardner

i'm hoping that i have this in the right forum, i am useing a DX8

do i have a BAD servo???
trying to set up a Spektrum AR7200BX, and this is my 1st time trying.
DS 615, settings on the Bx are, 1520ms, i did have the Hz set at 200Hz but have moved it down to 120Hz, and it still has the glitch.
the BEC also blinks whenever it glitches.

so what do you think?

[video=youtube_share;8UQ1k3j1DgA]http://youtu.be/8UQ1k3j1DgA[/video]

Graham Lawrie

Not sure about the Hz. That figure does not seem right to me. I have the BX on my 450. Can't remember what I have it at . If no one answers I will check tomorrow. I am in bed now:)

- - - Updated - - -

Checked mine and it is 333hz. But you need to be careful and check what your servo settings are recommended. Get them wrong and you can fry your servo:)

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
The DS615 are at 200HZ. As Graham stated make sure so you don't burn out your servo. on the setup for servo the light should be solid blue. before you say its a bad servo try plugging in the other servo on that port and see if it does the same thing. don't rule out a bad servo just yet until you do a process of ilimination and more input from others that may have had that prob if any.

yardner

yes, i had i set right. thanks Graham
i got to looking around and found G's post with the BX's link on it...... -= BEASTX - BE ABSOLUTE STABLE =-
and yes, its 200hz and 333hz for the DS655 tail servo
and swapped it around to other ports and it still has the glitch in it ????

its kind of a bummer,:upset: its a brand new/used heli and like i said this is my 1st time setting up a BX and this has had me stumped.
will wait i little and see if others may have some ideas.

thanks,

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
ya! but I thought you said you tried another servo on that port and it was still the same. or was that vise versa..lol

Tony

Staff member
Post #4 he stated that he swapped it around and the issue followed the servo. Other servos on the same port did just fine.

pvolcko

Yeah, like Tony said, bad pot in the servo causing it to glitch in the same exact spot each time. If it's a new servo may try to get a warranty replacement/repair. Otherwise, keep it for parts and get a new one.

yardner

Yeah, like Tony said, bad pot in the servo causing it to glitch in the same exact spot each time. If it's a new servo may try to get a warranty replacement/repair. Otherwise, keep it for parts and get a new one.

Update...

It was a BAD potentiometer in the servo, replaced it with a new one.
All is working and got the AR7200BX set up and working great. its a lot different coming from using a 3GX

So thanks !!! for all the Help from everyone, it was just one of those things because i've never messed with the BX and thought i might be having other issues.

Now, i'm beating my head trying to set up the Castle Ice2 HV80 ESC with the AR7200BX. they don't seem to like one another and there's a special set up you have to go through to make the Castle ESC to work with the BX. :upset::upset::upset:
been working on it all night and just put it down and had to walk away.
Soooo, anybody no something about that ? i would really appreciate any words of wisdom on how to sort this issue out.

thanks,

pvolcko

It's a bit late here to write this up. I'll give it a go in the morning.

Couple questions:
1) Are you using a BEC with a separate Rx battery to power the 7200bx? Running a tap off main battery to a BEC?

2) If the later (running a tap off main battery to BEC), do you have a connector inline to break the main battery to BEC connection? Do you have a small battery pack you can use to power the BEC independently of the main battery and ESC?

The problem is that the 7200bx needs to see a low throttle input before it will initialize and send anything but low throttle out to the ESC. However, to do stick programming or endpoint programming on the ESC it needs to see a middle throttle input at power up. If you can power the 7200bx independently and let it go through init before powering up the ESC, then you're golden. If you've wired things where this is difficult then you'll probably need to do some mods or use a separate non-7200bx Rx to do endpoint and programming setup with the ESC.

Since you're using a HV ESC it does not have an internal BEC so I'm hoping you're setup to run an independent power source to the 7200bx without much issue and this will be pretty easy.

yardner

pvolcko, sorry for the slow reply. not getting the e-mail alerts on phone like i used to when someone replies to a post.

1) Yes, i'm using a stock Align BEC
Yes, it has it own 2 cell battery supply which is plugged into the AR7200 though the AUX 2 port, please see attached picture.
and the CC ice HV80 is plugged into the Thro port.

EB9A7343-4F1A-4E21-9F86-0BB109E1EFAC-5233-000006B79DCA44FA_zps3010bb56.jpg

i did a quick test with your suggestion of powering up the BX and them plugging up the ESC, and NO luck, no spool up, YET!
the ESC/motor does beep 12 times/= 12 cells when i plug in the batteries, but thats it.

Please advise!!! as i said, sorry for the slow reply. :apologetic:

thanks,

EB9A7343-4F1A-4E21-9F86-0BB109E1EFAC-5233-000006B79DCA44FA_zps3010bb56.jpg

yardner

UPDATE

GOT IT GOING !!!!

i called Castle tech and left a massage and a Daniel called me back ( Thanks Daniel ) and he sent me this link.
and i worked !!!
Castle and BeastX 7200 Throttle calibration... - RC Groups

man iv'e been beating my head against the wall on this one. but the main thing is that its works and its Flying :D Well hovering 1 ft. off the ground for about 6 seconds. wooohooo !

Anyway, Thanks for the comments and advice.

pvolcko

Sorry. Work and stuff has been nuts lately. had a post half done but never finished. Glad you got it going, though. :)

Top Bottom