General Align Ds530 Servos. Are They Ok On 5 V

Mark Dix

Evening I have a Align RCE-BL70G esc, I can't get it to stay at 6 volts. No matter how many times I try it keeps going back to 5v.
Will my Align 530 servos be ok on 5v? I have flown it today and all seems ok on my T-Rex 500.
And does anyone know whàt I am doing wrong with this ESC?

Thanks Mark.

Tony

Staff member
5 volts is going to stress the servo pretty hard. The lower the voltage the higher the amperage. I would definitely find out why that ESC is not keeping the 6v setting since these are 6-8.4 volt servos. If nothing else, get a hobbywing ESC and call it good. Much better governor on the HW as well.

Mark Dix

I can set all the other perameters, but when I come to the 6th set up which is voltage, I put the stick to the 3rd position and it does the beeps etc as finished. But when I put a volt meter on the output it always shows 5v. I guess I need to watch YouTube.

murankar

Staff member
I would cycle through all the voltage settings and see if maybe your setting correctly. With stick programming its possible you may think its 6 volts but in reality its only 5 volts.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I agree with URI. Sometimes stick programming is hit or miss and sometimes the manual says one thing but in reality it's another that needs to be done. I would try other positions and see what those show up at.

Top Bottom